IGNORED

Alarm gone wild

craydds

Sipping my coffee this morning at 5 AM.  All of a sudden, the alarm goes off on my 2019 R1250RT.  The bike is in my garage with a cover on, unmolested.  What would cause the alarm to go off?  Low battery? A speck of dust?  A cat (no, I do not have cats)?  No rhyme or reason that I can think of.  Anybody have a similar experience?

If your garage is colder, either the alarm battery, or main battery could be down on power.  That might tick it off.  Just guessing...

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, 92Merc said:

If your garage is colder, either the alarm battery, or main battery could be down on power.  That might tick it off.  Just guessing...

Will check/test both.  THANKS!

Forget..does the Key fob have a panic button. (triggers the alarm) Could it have been in your pocket, maybe? :dontknow: Unlikely but my garage door gets bumped a lot when carrying the remote in my jacket pocket.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rinkydink said:

Some Harley aficionado wanting to test ride a BMW on the sly?

Hey, that's not how we work, we do it the old fashioned way: we go to the dealer and pretend to be interested in buying a new one!

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Hmm, not exclusive to Harley riders. ;) I pretend to be interested in any vehicle that somebody is willing to toss me the keys to. :spittake:

• Like 3

Read the owner's manual. There is an  alarm system LOW BATTERY, and DEAD BATTERY, warning symbol.  Checked the bike this evening - no warning light.  There is another low voltage warning light for the main battery.  Put the bike on a trickle charger this morning without checking for the low voltage warning.  Took it off this evening and will leave it off for several days; see if the battery gets low or goes dead.   There is a warning light if your key (keyless ride) battery is low. I think there must be 137 different warning symbols.  Probably need to keep an owner's manual handy at all times in case one of those warning symbols flashes.

19 hours ago, craydds said:

Read the owner's manual. There is an  alarm system LOW BATTERY, and DEAD BATTERY, warning symbol.  Checked the bike this evening - no warning light.  There is another low voltage warning light for the main battery.  Put the bike on a trickle charger this morning without checking for the low voltage warning.  Took it off this evening and will leave it off for several days; see if the battery gets low or goes dead.   There is a warning light if your key (keyless ride) battery is low. I think there must be 137 different warning symbols.  Probably need to keep an owner's manual handy at all times in case one of those warning symbols flashes.

Just download the .pdf owners manual to your phone and leave the hard copy at home. And for the battery, pickup a battery maintainer. The battery will last longer if you put it on a maintainer for any extended period of no riding. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Just download the .pdf owners manual to your phone and leave the hard copy at home. And for the battery, pickup a battery maintainer. The battery will last longer if you put it on a maintainer for any extended period of no riding. 

Great idea!