IGNORED

CA-1 closed again in Big Sur

Bill_Walker

CA amazes me the way they keep fixing their badass motorcycle roads after Mother Nature deals blow after blow. 

They did drop the ball with ca 39 tho. I wish they would connect it again to 2. 

I sure wish la co would repair mulholland hwy. hell it’s been more than 2yrs since that fire and it’s still closed near the rock store 

11 hours ago, longjohn said:

CA amazes me the way they keep fixing their badass motorcycle roads after Mother Nature deals blow after blow. 

Highway 1 is a great motorcycle road, but that is secondary. Thousands of people live along that stretch of coastline. One could argue that they would not live there without the highway, but the fact is that they do, and the highway is their only link to the outside world.

6 hours ago, Selden said:

Highway 1 is a great motorcycle road, but that is secondary. Thousands of people live along that stretch of coastline.

It also brings in an awful lot of tourist dollars.

56 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

It also brings in an awful lot of tourist dollars.

Yup. We lived on the Monterey Peninsula for 5 years during the 1970's. Riding down highway 1 was one of my favorite pastimes. Nepenthe was an especially favorite spot. In 2015 my wife and I made a return visit. I was amazed at how little things had changed in 35 years. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Selden said:

Highway 1 is a great motorcycle road, but that is secondary. Thousands of people live along that stretch of coastline. One could argue that they would not live there without the highway, but the fact is that they do, and the highway is their only link to the outside world.

Hwy 1 is just one of numerous mc roads the CalTrans fixes for me.  And I appreciate it :clap::clap:

8 hours ago, BrianT said:

The Duke brothers, "Hold my beer."

Dukes.jpg

I like this idea, however the State/Cal.Trans/Newsom will want additional money... liabilities for flying cars and motorcycles will be extreme and some one needs to pay. It's California.:rofl:

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...