IGNORED

Trailering a R1150RT

rdfarr

Where is the best place on the front end of the bike to attach tie-downs for trailering? Is it OK to tie to the front forks?

On my previous oilhead and airhead, it was easy to use the base of the front shock, but the RT has the fairing in the way.

russell_bynum
fork tubes just above the fender cross brace

+1

In addition, remove the black plastic side covers and go from the rear subframe down/forward.

fork tubes just above the fender cross brace

Yup, just be sure to get your tie down or soft strap inside of the brake line, so you don't damage it.

I use the Baxley wheel chock up front, don't have to tie the front end at all. Run two straps at the rear end. Keeps everything nice & tight. Highly recommend this setup.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't change the setting at all. The rear end of the bike doesn't have to be pulled down a lot. Just tighten the straps enough to keep it from dancing too much over bumps. I've used two straps on each side of the rear subframe, one to a forward point and the other to a rearward point, it adds a good deal of stability over a single strap.

I tie the front down in the same manner as was mentioned above, with soft ties just above the fork brace.

Archived