IGNORED

saddle bag "floor"

sbeec

Has anyone every seen commercially or owner developed that is secured to the bottom of the inside half of the saddle and is wide enough that it extends over the hinge into the other half of pannier?  

This shelf would be rigid enough and wide enough to support the contents while the pannier is open and would be flexible to allow it moving when the outer half bag is closed.

Anyone......

If not....I know what my next fabrication project is.....

I'm working with a 2018 RT.

Rich

sbeec,

I use RKA liner bags in my 2013 RT.  They have a stiff plastic insert that goes in the bottom of the liner that extends as you desire.  In addition to keeping things neat in the paniers, there is still enough room to put small item in the outer lid and close the panier against the liner.  It's also really handy to have all your riding gear in one and all your motel gear in the other.  Makes check-in real easy; rather than hauling an entire panier with you.

Cheers,

Mark

On 1/25/2021 at 9:29 PM, MontanaMark said:

sbeec,

I use RKA liner bags in my 2013 RT.  They have a stiff plastic insert that goes in the bottom of the liner that extends as you desire.  In addition to keeping things neat in the paniers, there is still enough room to put small item in the outer lid and close the panier against the liner.  It's also really handy to have all your riding gear in one and all your motel gear in the other.  Makes check-in real easy; rather than hauling an entire panier with you.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark - I'll check out the RKA bags - that would have travel be much easier -