IGNORED

Warranty Work

Bighopper

I have a friend that has a 2019 R1250 RT that has the leaking brake caliper issue. We are located in Alberta Canada.

He recently asked for a quote regarding having the calipers replaced under warranty & for a 10,000klm service.

His quote has a charge of $114 GST for the Warranty work!

Has anyone else had a GST/TAX charged on Warranty work with BMW dealers?

Thanks

I would contact BMW of Canada. I never heard of having to pay tax on warranty items.

Now some industries will charge you freight for your warranty parts, especially if you order the items express or special order from Europe.

Maybe it is a local law? Check with other auto dealers in your area, and see if they also charge GST on warranty work.

15 hours ago, Bernie said:

I would contact BMW of Canada. I never heard of having to pay tax on warranty items.

Now some industries will charge you freight for your warranty parts, especially if you order the items express or special order from Europe.

Maybe it is a local law? Check with other auto dealers in your area, and see if they also charge GST on warranty work.

My friend just had some warranty work done on his Honda Pilot, & there was NO GST applied on the repairs. So It will be interesting to see what they say tomorrow when he takes his RT in for the recall/service.