Jump to content

Great Falls Local Knowledge Wanted


Dewayne Harkov

Recommended Posts

Dewayne Harkov

Planning on staying in town at a basic motel. Just a place to crash will be at Rally/riding each day. Which of these is best option.TIA  Hope we get to go this year!!!

Days Inn North of Rally

Travelodge Across the bridge in old downtown

Central Motel Mom and Pop it appears to be, in old downtown

Link to comment
Danny caddyshack Noonan

If Montana, be advised that you are on the edge of pothole country.  Bring Plexus to clean off your visor and windshield.  It gets very buggy.  

Link to comment
Rob Nowell
On 1/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, Dewayne Harkov said:

Planning on staying in town at a basic motel. Just a place to crash will be at Rally/riding each day. Which of these is best option.TIA  Hope we get to go this year!!!

Days Inn North of Rally

Travelodge Across the bridge in old downtown

Central Motel Mom and Pop it appears to be, in old downtown

From a Great Falls native, now living in SoCal:

 

Hello,
 
Well, when we have done a motel, it's always been one of the newer ones down the hill from the airport, or the newer set across from the fairgrounds, near the river.  I can't really speak for the downtown stuff, but can't imagine it's anything special, so I would likely avoid the central ave. stuff (I used to live on Central.)  Most of that has gotten pretty run down.  The Travelodge, if it's the one with the sip and dip bar would likely be ok, just old, though (he must check out the sip and dip, nothing special, but an "experience..."); I think that is the one he is mentioning.  I am not familiar with the Day's inn, but am the area, as I believe there is only one.  It is a decent area, so would likely be ok.   I doubt my parents could be much help either since they don't really get out of town visitors anymore... 🙂  Sorry, hope that helps some.  
Link to comment

Nothing is that expensive in Great Falls, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times and it has been fine. The Travelodge/Sip and Dip would be worth a stop to see the mermaids but I don't know if I would want to stay there.

Link to comment
Rob Nowell
18 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Nothing is that expensive in Great Falls, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times and it has been fine. The Travelodge/Sip and Dip would be worth a stop to see the mermaids but I don't know if I would want to stay there.

lol..."expensive" is a relative term, especially to people FROM Montana! :4317:

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
mickeym3

Anyone know what vendors will be selling/installing tires at the Rally?  Would like to reserve a set. Thanks 

Link to comment
Deadboy
1 hour ago, mickeym3 said:

Anyone know what vendors will be selling/installing tires at the Rally?  Would like to reserve a set. Thanks 

 

That is still being determined as of last night.....I hear No-Mar will not be in attendance.

  • Smile 1
Link to comment
mickeym3

Called No-Mar and they will only be selling their products at the rally but will no longer sell/mount tires there. 

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
mickeym3

FYI in case someone doesn’t get the regular rally updates Dunlop will be there selling and installing rubber. 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...