IGNORED

Great Falls Local Knowledge Wanted

Dewayne Harkov

Dewayne Harkov

Planning on staying in town at a basic motel. Just a place to crash will be at Rally/riding each day. Which of these is best option.TIA  Hope we get to go this year!!!

Days Inn North of Rally

Travelodge Across the bridge in old downtown

Central Motel Mom and Pop it appears to be, in old downtown

Danny caddyshack Noonan

If Montana, be advised that you are on the edge of pothole country.  Bring Plexus to clean off your visor and windshield.  It gets very buggy.  

On 1/18/2021 at 8:57 AM, Dewayne Harkov said:

Planning on staying in town at a basic motel. Just a place to crash will be at Rally/riding each day. Which of these is best option.TIA  Hope we get to go this year!!!

Days Inn North of Rally

Travelodge Across the bridge in old downtown

Central Motel Mom and Pop it appears to be, in old downtown

From a Great Falls native, now living in SoCal:

Hello,

Well, when we have done a motel, it's always been one of the newer ones down the hill from the airport, or the newer set across from the fairgrounds, near the river.  I can't really speak for the downtown stuff, but can't imagine it's anything special, so I would likely avoid the central ave. stuff (I used to live on Central.)  Most of that has gotten pretty run down.  The Travelodge, if it's the one with the sip and dip bar would likely be ok, just old, though (he must check out the sip and dip, nothing special, but an "experience..."); I think that is the one he is mentioning.  I am not familiar with the Day's inn, but am the area, as I believe there is only one.  It is a decent area, so would likely be ok.   I doubt my parents could be much help either since they don't really get out of town visitors anymore... 🙂  Sorry, hope that helps some.  

Nothing is that expensive in Great Falls, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times and it has been fine. The Travelodge/Sip and Dip would be worth a stop to see the mermaids but I don't know if I would want to stay there.

18 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Nothing is that expensive in Great Falls, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn a few times and it has been fine. The Travelodge/Sip and Dip would be worth a stop to see the mermaids but I don't know if I would want to stay there.

lol..."expensive" is a relative term, especially to people FROM Montana! :4317:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mickeym3 said:

Anyone know what vendors will be selling/installing tires at the Rally?  Would like to reserve a set. Thanks 

That is still being determined as of last night.....I hear No-Mar will not be in attendance.

• Smile 1
  • 2 months later...

FYI in case someone doesn’t get the regular rally updates Dunlop will be there selling and installing rubber.