IGNORED

Putting out feelers. Should I remove the heads and sell them?

Trobinson

I've completed the dismantling of my '96 R1100RT with the exception of removing the engine since I don't think it will be worth it.  However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to remove the heads and try selling them?  Yes, they have lots of miles, but they are in reasonably good shape.  Thoughts?

11 hours ago, Trobinson said:

I've completed the dismantling of my '96 R1100RT with the exception of removing the engine since I don't think it will be worth it.  However, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to remove the heads and try selling them?  Yes, they have lots of miles, but they are in reasonably good shape.  Thoughts?

Morning   Trobinson

You can try, the very early 1100 6mm valve stem  heads are getting more difficult to find. If you try to sell them be sure to list the valve stem size. 

On 1/18/2021 at 5:48 AM, dirtrider said:

Morning   Trobinson

You can try, the very early 1100 6mm valve stem  heads are getting more difficult to find. If you try to sell them be sure to list the valve stem size. 

Ok.  Thanks for the input DR.  How would I find the stem size, is it stamped somewhere?  Guess I'll go ahead and remove them and see just what condition they are in at this point.  

5 minutes ago, Trobinson said:

Ok.  Thanks for the input DR.  How would I find the stem size, is it stamped somewhere?  Guess I'll go ahead and remove them and see just what condition they are in at this point.  

Afternoon Tom

Just put a micrometer,  caliper. (or 6mm / 8mm wrench) on the valve stem that sticks out above the top of the valve spring retainer.