stubble!

Weaverville 2021

stubble!

BendBill and I were just chatting about Weaverville - seems it popped up in our brains the same day.

So I'll throw out a few weekends (selfishly omitting dates I can't make it):

May 8-9 (Mother's Day weekend)

May 29-30 (Memorial Day weekend)

June 5-6

My vote is Mothers day. Bill has offered to help organize so we'll divide and conquer.

BendBill

Cool, Sebastian.  I'm OK with those dates.  Two related thoughts:

1--Will later dates mean better chances for good weather?  If so, I'd favor later.

2--Is there any chatter about Torrey spring dates?  Hope for no date conflicts.

Groanup

:lurk:

stubble!

Earlier in May has better chance of nice weather as long as it's dry - As it gets later, it gets hotter up there.

If Spring Torrey follows pattern, it'll be the weekend prior to MD weekend, so May 22-23 2021. I have a race weekend so can't make that weekend either way.

Dennis Andress

Schemes and Dreams says I 'll be returning from START in North Carolina around May 7th. Adding a quick jaunt to Weaverville on the end of that sounds fun, but it could also be the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Like 1

stubble!

Dennis that would be pretty cool.

Dennis Andress

I'm not even going to think about it...

Deadboy

May 29-30 is my first choice

June 5-6 would also work

Tank

some wjhere between april 30 and july 1 is good for me, what is good for the collective works for me

• Smile 1

Stir

Avoid the Torrey dates please.  I would like to go to Weaverville, but I put Torrey first.

• Like 1

Deadboy

For what it is worth the Sacramento Mile is May 7-8 (double header) and a mile flat track race in person is something everyone should witness, annually if possible.

• Like 1

drswift

Whatever works is fine with me. We were at the motel in June and their cleaning left a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

stubble!

Sounds like we're leaning to Memorial Day weekend like last year.

Deadboy, thanks for the tip on the Sacramento Mile. Hopefully it happens with spectators, I'd like to see it. Just watched On Any Sunday again the other night.

• Smile 1

BendBill
10 hours ago, drswift said:

Whatever works is fine with me. We were at the motel in June and their cleaning left a lot to be desired.

Dave, for  other motel options, my wife and I looked at the 49er Gold Country down the street on  a trip last year.  Nicer rooms. I may try them this year

Riders could still hang at the Red Hill with the usual suspects, and then ride or walk back to the 49er.  Just an idea

BendBill

So far,  Memorial Weekend of May 28/29-31 is our preferred Weaverville date.  Torrey is tentatively scheduled for the previous weekend of May 22.

Sebastian and I thought we should poll riders about an alternative site, 49er Gold Country  (530) 623-4937  718     https://www.goldcountryinn.com/

The 49er is $65 night vs Red Hill  $60.  Their 10 available economy queen rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves and coffee makers.  It also has outside picnic tables for gatherings. It’s Google rating is slightly higher at 4.1 than Red Hill 3.6, but on Tripadvisor, Red Hill is slightly higher than 49er.  Discerning RT riders may see differences--GS and KTM riders, not so much :-)

Let us know your site preference.  Cheers

Deadboy

Does the 49 still have "residents"....last time I was there (one of our group couldn't get a room at the Red Hill) it was really sketchy looking.

BendBill
3 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Does the 49 still have "residents"....last time I was there (one of our group couldn't get a room at the Red Hill) it was really sketchy looking.

Thanks, Nick.  I went over Tripadvisor and Google reviews for one year: 49er has more negative reviews than Red Hill. 

Red Hill--   Feb 2020  tweakers and sketchy people

49er—      Jan 2021  reviewer noted 4-5 “residents;”    police called on a unit when someone broke a window; 

4 months ago—ants in room and dirty room. 

4 months ago [ different reviewer ]—noisy and felt urban

Upshot: while I was shown a fairly nice room at 49er last June, it was a mid-day visit--no other neighbors seen, so no experience with nighttime guests or residents.  Red Hill may remain the better bet, plus it is a known site.  I

Bill

Edited by BendBill

Deadboy

Not a big deal, I read the reviews and will be sticking with the Red Hill myself. Yelp is not a fan....

stubble!

Patty has a resident or two herself. Avoid the last cabin on the road. :)

Deadboy
1 minute ago, stubble! said:

Patty has a resident or two herself. Avoid the last cabin on the road. :)

Yeah but Patty is awesome....

BendBill

I was leaning towards the 49er until I compared reviews.  I'll now make a reservation at Red Hill for Memorial weekend

stubble!
38 minutes ago, Deadboy said:

Yeah but Patty is awesome....

Absolutely. 

stubble!

Ok thanks Bill - I'll update my original first post here so it's easy to find! So happy to have this to look forward to. 

Deadboy

Just got a room Friday-Monday. Patty says it snowed there 2 days ago.

BendBill
1 hour ago, Deadboy said:

Just got a room Friday-Monday. Patty says it snowed there 2 days ago.

They were likely hit with the same snow from the atmospheric river that's slammed Tahoe ski resorts.  Makes one see how the Donner party was doomed.

Tank

the room in my name is confirmed. Yeppie Skipppie

• Like 2