IGNORED

Weaverville 2021

stubble!

BendBill and I were just chatting about Weaverville - seems it popped up in our brains the same day.

So I'll throw out a few weekends (selfishly omitting dates I can't make it):

May 8-9 (Mother's Day weekend)

May 29-30 (Memorial Day weekend)

June 5-6

My vote is Mothers day. Bill has offered to help organize so we'll divide and conquer.

Cool, Sebastian.  I'm OK with those dates.  Two related thoughts:

1--Will later dates mean better chances for good weather?  If so, I'd favor later.

2--Is there any chatter about Torrey spring dates?  Hope for no date conflicts.

Earlier in May has better chance of nice weather as long as it's dry - As it gets later, it gets hotter up there.

If Spring Torrey follows pattern, it'll be the weekend prior to MD weekend, so May 22-23 2021. I have a race weekend so can't make that weekend either way.

Dennis Andress

Schemes and Dreams says I 'll be returning from START in North Carolina around May 7th. Adding a quick jaunt to Weaverville on the end of that sounds fun, but it could also be the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Like 1

For what it is worth the Sacramento Mile is May 7-8 (double header) and a mile flat track race in person is something everyone should witness, annually if possible.

• Like 1

Sounds like we're leaning to Memorial Day weekend like last year.

Deadboy, thanks for the tip on the Sacramento Mile. Hopefully it happens with spectators, I'd like to see it. Just watched On Any Sunday again the other night.

• Smile 1
10 hours ago, drswift said:

Whatever works is fine with me. We were at the motel in June and their cleaning left a lot to be desired.

Dave, for  other motel options, my wife and I looked at the 49er Gold Country down the street on  a trip last year.  Nicer rooms. I may try them this year

Riders could still hang at the Red Hill with the usual suspects, and then ride or walk back to the 49er.  Just an idea

• 2 weeks later...

So far,  Memorial Weekend of May 28/29-31 is our preferred Weaverville date.  Torrey is tentatively scheduled for the previous weekend of May 22.

Sebastian and I thought we should poll riders about an alternative site, 49er Gold Country  (530) 623-4937  718     https://www.goldcountryinn.com/

The 49er is $65 night vs Red Hill  $60.  Their 10 available economy queen rooms have mini-fridges, microwaves and coffee makers.  It also has outside picnic tables for gatherings. It’s Google rating is slightly higher at 4.1 than Red Hill 3.6, but on Tripadvisor, Red Hill is slightly higher than 49er.  Discerning RT riders may see differences--GS and KTM riders, not so much :-)

Let us know your site preference.  Cheers

Does the 49 still have "residents"....last time I was there (one of our group couldn't get a room at the Red Hill) it was really sketchy looking.

3 hours ago, Deadboy said:

Does the 49 still have "residents"....last time I was there (one of our group couldn't get a room at the Red Hill) it was really sketchy looking.

Thanks, Nick.  I went over Tripadvisor and Google reviews for one year: 49er has more negative reviews than Red Hill. 

Red Hill--   Feb 2020  tweakers and sketchy people

49er—      Jan 2021  reviewer noted 4-5 “residents;”    police called on a unit when someone broke a window; 

4 months ago—ants in room and dirty room. 

4 months ago [ different reviewer ]—noisy and felt urban

Upshot: while I was shown a fairly nice room at 49er last June, it was a mid-day visit--no other neighbors seen, so no experience with nighttime guests or residents.  Red Hill may remain the better bet, plus it is a known site.  I

Bill

Edited by BendBill
1 hour ago, Deadboy said:

Just got a room Friday-Monday. Patty says it snowed there 2 days ago.

They were likely hit with the same snow from the atmospheric river that's slammed Tahoe ski resorts.  Makes one see how the Donner party was doomed.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Tank said:

Out.. Gary and I are leaving for  a cross country look see. Patty has our room available... Have fun 

Where you heading? And why not swing through Weaverville on the way! 

Dennis Andress
8 hours ago, Tank said:

Out.. Gary and I are leaving for  a cross country look see. Patty has our room available... Have fun 

Ride good.

• Thanks 1

Nick, we are headed up to Idaho and hang for a day or 2 at Cornilius new home, can't leave till the 1 st of June

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tank said:

Nick, we are headed up to Idaho and hang for a day or 2 at Cornilius new home, can't leave till the 1 st of June

Weaverville is clearly on the way to Idaho from Brookings!

• Like 1

For all of us attending, Memorial weekend looks bright and warm, mid to upper 80's.  Great riding weather. :clap:

• Like 2

We have 4 coming Friday and one more on Saturday from the Placerville/Auburn area ...can't wait to ride forest service road 1!!!

• Like 2

I’ll be there late afternoon tonight.

I am a terrible organizer. But I was just thinking the brew pub next door for dinner sat. 

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, stubble! said:

I’ll be there late afternoon tonight.

I am a terrible organizer. But I was just thinking the brew pub next door for dinner sat. 

Wait...

There's now a brew pub next door? When did that happen, and why wasn't it in the brochure?

:dontknow:

Two pics from Weaverville area.  Lunch in Callahan.  1st pic shows fine dining al fresco.  2nd pic of posters inside shows level of clientele   :cool:

1.JPG

2.JPG

• Like 1

Two more pics from Weaverville.  Some arrived in twos.  In each pair, one member is a bit smarter than the other  :grin:

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 1
On 5/30/2021 at 7:10 AM, Groanup said:

Wait...

There's now a brew pub next door? When did that happen, and why wasn't it in the brochure?

:dontknow:

I’m with Don. When did a brew pub show up in town?  Will the “farmer” be there?  Might have to add this event back to my calendar next year. Brew pub in Weaverville. Next you’ll be saying flush toilets in Beatty. Dreamers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...