IGNORED

Handlebar risers

Flagman

Hello all much more knowledgeable than I.

I love my 2004 R1150RT but after years of riding 50 miles til my butt falls off I’ve been trying to improve my comfort. Currently my wrists angle down from my elbows and my hands get numb and uncomfortable. My harley allows my hands to angle up from my elbows and it feels great. So I thought risers would help? I tried to measure about an inch up and back to mimic how risers would change my position but it doesn’t seem to change things that much. Any thoughts? Also, I don’t want any changes to be so extreme that I have to change out the cables. Also, I have noticed the $30-$50 aluminum risers on ebay from names such as cnc etc seem about the same as the expensive models. What really is the difference?

any thoughts?

10 hours ago, Flagman said:

Hello all much more knowledgeable than I.

I love my 2004 R1150RT but after years of riding 50 miles til my butt falls off I’ve been trying to improve my comfort. Currently my wrists angle down from my elbows and my hands get numb and uncomfortable. My harley allows my hands to angle up from my elbows and it feels great. So I thought risers would help? I tried to measure about an inch up and back to mimic how risers would change my position but it doesn’t seem to change things that much. Any thoughts? Also, I don’t want any changes to be so extreme that I have to change out the cables. Also, I have noticed the $30-$50 aluminum risers on ebay from names such as cnc etc seem about the same as the expensive models. What really is the difference?

any thoughts?

See other thread on this________

Handlebar risers - Oilheads - BMWSportTouring

6 hours ago, BrianM said:

If interested I have a set from my 1100RT.

You stole my line!  I also have a set from my 1100RT, '96.  Cables have plenty of room and for me they put me in a good upright riding position with the seat at the highest position.