IGNORED

Jackets

Bud

Have been looking at jackets. Looking for a non-mesh jacket where the waterproofing is not built into the jacket but the liner instead. Don't seem to find much.

Any ideas?

I have a hien gerick timbuck tu jacket and pants that have the rain gear on the inside. So like when it rains, you stop, take off your gear, fish out the liners from your bags, zip and snap the liners in to the jacket and pants, then get dressed again. PAIN IN THE ASS! The jacket and pants work great, no wet spots even after all day soaks. I have a Bellstaff jacket that when it rains all you do is zip up the vents, don't even have to stop. It is comfortable to wear year round.

Dennis_n1kcl
Have been looking at jackets. Looking for a non-mesh jacket where the waterproofing is not built into the jacket but the liner instead. Don't seem to find much.

Any ideas?

Joe Rocket Pheonix, the later versions ie: 3.0 and up.

Bud, I've had excellent experience with the Spidi Netstep H2Out. It comes with a waterproof liner, and a thermal liner which all can be added/removed dependent on needs. I've had exellent service from Paul Eddy at Motonation. These jackets are on sale there, and 2006 models are now different. Here's Pauls contact info. Tell him i said hello.

Paul Eddy

Spidi Brand Manager

Motonation

1100 North Magnolia Ave, ste A

El Cajon CA 92020

Phone (619) 401-4107

Fax (619) 401-4108

peddy@motonation.com

http://www.motonation.com/

I just picked up a new red Savannah 2 jacket. Coudn't believe my luck - a discontinued model, on the closeout rack, in my size (56)!!!. clap.gif The dealer also had a pair of red Rally 2 pants in my size. It's like winning the lottery.

I love the Savannah. When moving, air flows right through the dynatec material., yet it's as tough as any textile I've ever seen. Luckily, I already have a liner from another jacket, so I'm good to go in the rain.

Dave,

Which Bellstaff?

Typhoon ?? got to be 4years old. It has a removable liner. I used it snowmobiling with the liner.

I just picked up a new red Savannah 2 jacket. Coudn't believe my luck - a discontinued model, on the closeout rack, in my size (56)!!!. clap.gif The dealer also had a pair of red Rally 2 pants in my size. It's like winning the lottery.

I love the Savannah. When moving, air flows right through the dynatec material., yet it's as tough as any textile I've ever seen. Luckily, I already have a liner from another jacket, so I'm good to go in the rain.

Yep.. ditto on the Savanna 2. I got mine same way, last Fall as a closeout. Bought it without the liner because, as mentioned in a post above, internal rain protection sucks.

I have a first gear Kilimanjaro, and it's a great jacket too, but doesn't vent like the Savanna which opens up like a church on Sunday morning.

Don't own either of these, but I've looked at two different brands just for fun...I'm a die hard 'Stich man...

1) Marsee three-in-one. Impressive. Mesh jacket/overjacket for wind/thermal protection/thermal vest for added warmth. Cool concept.

2) Olympia AST. Very, very impressed with this jacket. Well thought out and built. Cool Neon Yellow option too. Big assed vents in the arms and back with smaller vents on the chest. Arm and back vents have the water tight (not really water proof, but I'm guessing they work very well) zippers, removable liner...neoprene neck.

Again, don't own either but I could easily own the Olympia with the Marsee running a close second.

FWIW...

Bud, you've got a couple of good options. On the high end, the BMW Santiago and BMW Rally2 Pro (the R2P is soon to be released) are both non-mesh, breathable jackets with a Gore-Tex liner (optional at extra $$ in the case of the Santiago). The Santiago with liner will set you back around $725. The Rallye2 Pro about $675 (BTW, if you think this is expensive, I just got the new Rukka catalog. Their top-of-the-line SRO jacket is $1350, $875 for the pants).

Anyway, back to the topic.

In the mid price point range, you'll find the some of the jackets mentioned above, plus a very good line of jackets from Olympia called the AST Touring. These run from about $290.

On the lower end, jackets with removable waterproof liners at under $200 are the domain of TourMaster.

Archived