IGNORED

1998 1100RT US certification sticker?

Scotty G

Hey all, needing some help over here in CA w my BMW. Brought it from Michigan w me and went to register it and get a plate, could not find the US certification sticker anywhere? I am not looking in the right place and hope someone here has that location?

Joe Frickin' Friday

Are you talking about the VIN?  It's been years since I had an 1100RT, but my recollection is that it's on the steer head.

nt13529-2002-bmw-r1150rt-front-main-frame-chassis-straight.jpeg.d92ee5429a2c86f4e6601fff79706bd8.jpeg

30773664_R1100RTVIN.png.4b24d63e4ccf1c2e7c448a2815685143.png

37 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Are you talking about the VIN?  It's been years since I had an 1100RT, but my recollection is that it's on the steer head.

nt13529-2002-bmw-r1150rt-front-main-frame-chassis-straight.jpeg.d92ee5429a2c86f4e6601fff79706bd8.jpeg

30773664_R1100RTVIN.png.4b24d63e4ccf1c2e7c448a2815685143.png

Thanks for your quick response! No I actually found the VIN and the EPA sticker along with the Motor VIN. I still need to locate the U.S. Certification Sticker. That is the only one out of the 4 the DMV needs from me in order to register the bike. I appreciate your help 

26 minutes ago, BrianM said:

The emissions (EPA) sticker, it should be under the passenger seat.

inner fender.jpg

I found the EPA but cannot find the U.S. Certification Sticker? The CA DMV wanted all 4 and that one is the only one I cannot find. I appreciate your quick response Brian. 

30 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

I found the EPA but cannot find the U.S. Certification Sticker? The CA DMV wanted all 4 and that one is the only one I cannot find. I appreciate your quick response Brian. 

Afternoon Scotty

Look on the R/H side of the front frame (by the steering neck) just under the stamped VIN.  There should be a NHTSA/FMVSS sticker. This is the sticker that states that the vehicle complies with FMVSS (federal) safety rules.

If the motorcycle has over 7,500 miles on it then you shouldn't need the emission sticker.  (I'm not sure in Ca. on the  NHTSA/FMVSS sticker). 

All BMW 1100 bikes originally sold in the US are 50 state compliant but it doesn't always say so  (shouldn't matter if bike has over 7,500 miles on it).

You can get missing labels from Germany through  your local BMW dealer but it is not easy as most BMW dealers haven't a clue & BMW itself won't get involved. 

If your motorcycle originally came in from (bought in)  Canada then it will not have a NHTSA/FMVSS sticker.