IGNORED

$20 Seat Bag ;)

Dave334478

So, I'm hunting around for a way to easily carry small items on my (new to me 97 R1100R) BMW. The bungie net I used with my 74 Honda w/Velour seat just doesn't work on the BMW. I attach the hooks on the side rails and they all slip forward :(

I'm not much of a long distance rider anymore. I've done it before but these days I mostly just use my bike to run small errands, mostly within 30 mi. I have the original hard saddle bags but that's too much space and I don't want stuff bouncing around inside of them. I looked at those clip on tank bags, those are slick but, I prefer to have the stuff behind me, not in front.

So, I want something that's easy to take on and off and mounts on the seat behind me. :5147:

Check this out, it fits snug, doesn't slip, it's easy to install and remove, and it even matches. Since my grandson is stuck in online schooling, he's not using it anymore. Basically, my seat is wearing a backpack. 

Capturea.JPG

Good idea!!

Forward connection points for bungies, straps or cargo nets are sadly lacking on some bikes.  I fashoned some on my ST1300 by using a strap loop between the seats.  I don't notice them when not in use, or when they are in use.

ACtC-3dPLD6mRrBJ1bWg6OuZxmRE65pOEAxu_CVr

ACtC-3dE45HvbTxFha9Q7bxWkjXxVeyDOc6zjOzn

i'm sure something similar could be done with one piece seatswith the loops coming out each side of the seat at the mid point.

Not having a suitable book bag an unused tank bag works well as a bum stop cargo hold.

ACtC-3evPPnXh0LKDdcerbKljn31tuMI_o0HqQPO

I usually just use one side case (left side) for day rides, with the tool bag, tire pump and plug kit, gloves, rain suit, battery jump kit, maybe a water bottle or coffee thermos, plus a couple of bungies, straps and a  small cargo net.  The left side case is smaller because of the muffler but still holds all the above with extra room to spare.  Not using the right side case makes it so much easier to get off and on the bike.  No problems with aerodynamics, steering, tire wear, etc, can't even tell it's one-sided.