IGNORED

Paddock Stand R1150R

Achilles8857

Achilles8857

Have looked here and elsewhere online but seem to be drawing a blank.

Looking for a rear wheel paddock (or ‘track’) stand for the above.

I don’t believe the R1150R can accept spools so that’s probably not an option.

I think it’s a got to be a pin that goes into the axle recess from the LHS.

Any help is appreciated, but cost is a consideration.

17 hours ago, Achilles8857 said:

Have looked here and elsewhere online but seem to be drawing a blank.

Looking for a rear wheel paddock (or ‘track’) stand for the above.

I don’t believe the R1150R can accept spools so that’s probably not an option.

I think it’s a got to be a pin that goes into the axle recess from the LHS.

Any help is appreciated, but cost is a consideration.

Morning  Achilles8857

You probably won't find much as the rear spool (axle) has a rather shallow depression with a taper at the outer end, plus the spool hole is larger than the wheel hole so it won't be a safe & secure fit or retention. 

I guess I don't see the point on having a separate stand if your motorcycle has a center stand as at least you can still spin the rear wheel when using the center stand.

Achilles8857
15 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

I guess I don't see the point on having a separate stand if your motorcycle has a center stand as at least you can still spin the rear wheel when using the center stand.

I'd like to be able to do a front fork / handlebar alignment. Will the center stand work for that?

36 minutes ago, Achilles8857 said:

I'd like to be able to do a front fork / handlebar alignment. Will the center stand work for that?

Afternoon  Achilles8857

Depends, on what type of alignment that you want to do or check. 

If you just need the motorcycle on it's wheels & standing straight up just place it in your garage door area between the sides then use ratchet straps from the door tracks to the motorcycle to hold it standing  straight up. (leave motorcycle in gear so it doesn't move on you)

Remember that on the BMW 1100/1150 motorcycle that the rear wheel isn't always directly behind the front and the motorcycle is built with a tracking off-set with a fairly broad +/- on the allowable rear wheel off-set. 

The BMW 1100/1150 motorcycles also tend to PTTR (Pull To The Right) while riding so the handlebars will at times seem off center while riding.

Achilles8857
32 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

...so the handlebars will at times seem off center while riding.

The bars are off center to the right. Conversely it also seems like the forks are not square to the frame, if I square up the bars. This is what I’m trying to ‘fix’.

44 minutes ago, Achilles8857 said:

The bars are off center to the right. Conversely it also seems like the forks are not square to the frame, if I square up the bars. This is what I’m trying to ‘fix’.

Afternoon  Achilles8857

Is this noticeable only when riding of with bike sitting still?

Is front wheel perfectly centered between fork legs?

Achilles8857
35 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Is this noticeable only when riding of with bike sitting still?

Is front wheel perfectly centered between fork legs?

Yes both, and as far as I can tell, the wheel is centered within the forks.

Put it on the centerstand, then use a floor jack under the front of the engine to lift the front wheel. If that doesn't work, put it on the centerstand on a piece of 3/4" plywood and see if that helps.

Achilles8857
3 minutes ago, Jim Moore said:

...to lift the front wheel. If that doesn't work, put it on the centerstand on a piece of 3/4" plywood and see if that helps.

Jim, I’m wanting to lift the rear wheel and keep the bike stable, not unlike what is recommended here.

I think I can make the ratchet strap approach work.

2 hours ago, Achilles8857 said:

Jim, I’m wanting to lift the rear wheel and keep the bike stable, not unlike what is recommended here.

I think I can make the ratchet strap approach work.

LOL, OK. I thought you were just trying to get the front wheel off the ground. I was thinking, "How hard is this?"

I don't know if this will work on the your 1150, but... My R1100RT on the centerstand sits on the back wheel if I have the side cases on and the front wheel if I have them off. Cheers! Miguel

Achilles8857
On 1/3/2021 at 11:27 AM, dirtrider said:

If you just need the motorcycle on it's wheels & standing straight up just place it in your garage door area between the sides then use ratchet straps from the door tracks to the motorcycle to hold it standing  straight up. (leave motorcycle in gear so it doesn't move on you)

I'll be darned, this worked a treat. Problem solved!