IGNORED

Replaced the 10 year old spark plug wires

Chip

I did it. Replaced the 10 year old spark plug wires (over 70k miles) with a pair from Nology. Definitely made a difference on two points.

1) The bike runs better...specifically, it idles smoother, pulls a bit stronger (that part *might* be my imagination...hey, you spend ~$80 for spark plug wires and you really do *hope* there's a difference wink.gif), and the periodic sputtering appears to have disappeared. I say appears to have disappeared as we had a cold front move into Houston last night. My bike has always tended to run better in cooler weather. I'll have to see how the bike runs in a few days when the normal heat and humidity of Houston returns (that would be ~85 degrees and 80-90% humidity...I love this place!).

NOTE: I'm guessing BMW wires would have done the same as the old wires were...well, they were old.

2) While waiting for the wires to be delivered, I had teh "opportunity" to clean stuff that is normally covered up by the gas tank. thumbsup.gif

Did you hook the ground wires to the cam chain cover bolts? That was the only place I could figure out to connect them to.

I have no doubt new wires will make any 10 year old bike run better. But I also think the Nology wires do produce a stronger, more consistent spark, and that adds HP. I've had other RT riders ride my bike and ask why it's stronger in the mid-range (i.e. "Hey.. you did that GS tube mod, didn't you...".

But like you said, if your bike "feels better", then it was a cheap upgrade at $80.00. (I assume $80.00 included shipping; got em direct from Nology?).

Did you hook the ground wires to the cam chain cover bolts? That was the only place I could figure out to connect them to

Yep!

As for the price and shipping, Nology and I are having a, "discussion" about that as I type. More info. later if/when everything is clarified and/or if it's even relevant.

Archived