IGNORED

Plugs!, Plugs!, we don't need no stinkin' plugs....

TexasMule

So I'm in the process of putting my '15 back together after the holidays and ran across an empty plug

on the left hand side of the bike.

I don't remember removing any connection, and all other plugs (storage box, speakers, radio controls, etc.) are

all connected.

Looked up in the service manual and it makes no mention of disconnecting any plug while removing the panel.

Anybody know the purpose of this plug, other than to drive me nuts.....

R12RT Plug.jpg

I have heard that you need to have the circuit activated...not 100% on that though.  If true, I am not sure if it must be with the dealers fancy proprietary computer, or if it possible with the GS911.   I passed on the OEM running lights as they were just absurdly priced.  I did get get the OEM mounts and a Chinese set of running lites that are the spit'n image of the OEM ones and linked them through a HEX exCAN controller. Super bright when the ezCAN is set to 100% power

32 minutes ago, Paul De said:

I have heard that you need to have the circuit activated...not 100% on that though.  If true, I am not sure if it must be with the dealers fancy proprietary computer, or if it possible with the GS911.   I passed on the OEM running lights as they were just absurdly priced.  I did get get the OEM mounts and a Chinese set of running lites that are the spit'n image of the OEM ones and linked them through a HEX exCAN controller. Super bright when the ezCAN is set to 100% power

You're correct, they do need to be activated.  I got them when I purchased the bike but installed them myself.  The dealer activated them while doing a software update.  I don't think a GS911 will activate, at least I haven't noticed it being available as an option.  My 14 RT was one of the first delivered, the lights came in after final delivery to me (like all my accessories)   

I think the Motoscan app has the ability to turn on the spots.  But you also need to buy the BMW light button on the clutch side as well.

Not sure I want to spend that much since I already have the Wunderlich wiring loom that came with the lights.

Just thought it would be very slick if I could tap into that plug.....

Yeah even if you just buy the switch dongle it looks like list is near $200 (new list price).  For that  you could get the Hex ezCAN which allows you to control on-off and brightness through the whizzie wheel and provides a bunch of options like flashing the running lights when the horn is activated and turning off the light on the side that the turn signal is activated.