IGNORED

2011 R1200RT remove rear tire.

bulletbill

Evening everyone, just got a 2011 R1200RT with Wonderlich rear bag guards, got ready to put a new tire on my new to me baby and WOW the rear guards prevent removing the muffler hanger bolt? Really didn’t want to destroy the bike to get to that bolt (I will put her on the lift after I get the BSA off and drop the tire out).   

Here is my question has anyone made a way to remove the muffler in a normal way. (rotate the muffler out of the way and remove the tire out the left side)  with these bag guards.

beemer chuck

They should have swapped out the socket head screw and recessed washer for a hex head screw and flat washer when the bars were installed. Not sure if you can loosen the bar enough to get the screw out or not. If you can find a lift with a drop out section, the wheel can go down and then back. No way that I know of to remove the wheel while on the stand with the muffler in place. 
in 1978 the dealer in Colorado Springs laid my R100 RS on a pile of blankets to get the wheel out instead of pulling the rear disk caliper out. 
Not that I would try that.😇

17 hours ago, beemer chuck said:

They should have swapped out the socket head screw and recessed washer for a hex head screw and flat washer when the bars were installed. Not sure if you can loosen the bar enough to get the screw out or not. If you can find a lift with a drop out section, the wheel can go down and then back. No way that I know of to remove the wheel while on the stand with the muffler in place. 
in 1978 the dealer in Colorado Springs laid my R100 RS on a pile of blankets to get the wheel out instead of pulling the rear disk caliper out. 
Not that I would try that.😇

You reminded me of how we would do our old air heads??? Tie off the center stand pull the front wheel drop it on the front forts and the rear would be high in the air to reomove the wheel. Humm Thanks!! Although I might saw the bolt in the muffler hanger then replace with a hex bolt from the inside with a washer and nut on the outside.

Big Thanks to Beemer Chuck, You mentioned "Not sure if you can loosen the bar enough to get the screw out or not"

Loosen the two attachment point and the Wonderlitch Bars move right out of the way! Reporting with egg on my face, but now I hope we know!