Wow Hogs Can Fly!

TEWKS

Endobob
On 2/19/2021 at 7:50 PM, TEWKS said:

Long but comprehensive introduction to Harley's off road offering.   I like that the suspension automatically lowers the bike when you come to a stop.  

• Like 1

First time hearing it idle. A fair amount of racket but no more than the typical boxer I think. Wish he blipped the throttle. :revit:

• Like 1
Lone_RT_rider

I'm sorry, I really like the Road Glide and would love to have one someday (other than the handlebars), but that front end on the Pan is....well.....

0f19a626e88c667b4b1aa7f5e29cf863.gif

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chris K said:

And they even give you the dealer cost for the gear! Oops...

Dealer price $480.00 Retail $800.00 :5146: Somebody’s gonna be in trouble for letting that one slip out! :eek:

roadje36

And Harley have to compete in what (at least in Europe) is a very strong market. Almost every constructor has an adventure bike in this class so there is tough competition!

And they have to go up against the best bike in this class over the last 40 years.... :) 

A little detail in that last vid I found interesting. (no, not oil viscosity interesting but..:grin:) The windscreen adjustment mechanism seems to be different in (different markets) I assume? :dontknow:

2021-Harley-Davidson-Pan-America-1250-tf

Harley-Davidson-Pan-America-switch-gear-

Looking at the top of the forks tells me one is the S model and one the Standard?

OR one has the adaptive ride height?

• Like 1

I guess until we see them in US dealerships. (what’s up with that BTW) (a political joke in there but I’m smart enough to shut my trap) :classic_biggrin:

Endobob

@Whip or @TEWKS  - 

Gas cap looks like it is the same as the later model BMW GS keyless bike's gas caps.  I don't see a key or key location and could not seem to find any information on the WEB that indicates if it is "keyless". 

2021-Harley-Davidson-Pan-America-1250-tf

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Whip said:

Bob

Watch the Japanese video above.

L

Did not understand what he was saying in that vid (ok must be universal though) :grin: but, no mistaking the excited tone in his voice when twisting the throttle at the 2:20 mark! :yes:

I was referring to the gas cap....I did not need a translator to see him open the gas cap and leave the dust cover up for the entire test ride.

LOL

Edited by Whip
  • Haha 1
chrisolson

:3:On pavement .... OR .... 50 (count them ...  five-oh ) miles on DiRT .... :4317:

I seem to remember a certain pair of riders doing 500 miles on dirt in a day on the Demptster ....

DPP_601.JPG.950e4efa57e20680acd1a63bc032e1c2.JPG

LINKY to the epic Canada Trip

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider

Did anyone else get a sense of "Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure" listening to the reviewer on the left? 

"ummm, like"...

1 hour ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Did anyone else get a sense of "Bill and Ted's most excellent adventure" listening to the reviewer on the left? 

"ummm, like"...

...and he was trying to be smart.

LOL

• Haha 1
Hosstage

Judge Judy tells litigants to talk without saying "like" in any sentence. Most of them are just jaw locked at that point.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Here’s another English speaking Pan review. The likes are beginning to stack up! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I am scheduled to ride the Pan America on April 30th at the promo tour in Phoenix. Will report back.

• Like 3

I am worried about the size. More than one reviewer has mention it being a small bike.

I like a long reach and plenty of room  for my legs/knees.

ESokoloff
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

The likes are beginning to stack up! :thumbsup:

Pictures Pat, we need pictures when you pick up  your Vivid Black Pan American 1250 Special with laced wheels.  

Initially I didn’t care much for what I was seeing but watching the press release in Germany changed my mind.  

• Like 1

Believe it or not, all my black, triple black, black rim talk over the years and I’d probably go with the Gauntlet Gray metallic. :) With black bags and a smoked windscreen of course. :spittake:

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, AZgman said:

I am scheduled to ride the Pan America on April 30th at the promo tour in Phoenix. Will report back.

Me too. What time is yours?

The problem with some of the reviews is that they are from HD fan boys, like cardboard box head. It's a lot like that with YT reviews. Watch one of his, or her training wheels of the Indian Chief and then watch Adam Waheed of Motorcyclist's review. John Burns too. 

I loved the "Riding in the Ozarks" review. He gets on the throttle and just about falls off the bike with excitement! He is now "woke" with respect to riding a capable bike.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Whip said:

I have not heard or seen a negative review yet?

Did I miss something?

Negative, no. Not on this bike. 

11 minutes ago, AZgman said:

I loved the "Riding in the Ozarks" review. He gets on the throttle and just about falls off the bike with excitement! He is now "woke" with respect to riding a capable bike.

Mike is cool. He's used to your grandpa's HD though. It's funny, I've tried to tell the faithful to try BMW and they won't, but this will at least change their mind about the status quo. I guess the truth has to come from a friendly face. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, AZgman said:

Ponch, I am scheduled for 13:00 on April 30th. Maybe I will see you there?

I am 10am. :(

I already hate the windscreen. Too much distortion and too narrow. But, we will see once I get to ride with it.