IGNORED

Wow Hogs Can Fly!

TEWKS

17 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Kinda like this but could be a little Carhartt-ish. :dontknow:
TanBlack.jpg

Ya, you'd fit right on in down here looking al Carhartt!!!

• Like 1

I hope the moto journalists trash this thing. Why, you ask? :dontknow: Because I’m beginning to really like it. :ohboy: :classic_biggrin:

even-europeans-are-jumping-in-the-harley

Their gear or the gear with their name on it looks pretty good. Price??? :dontknow:
More Pics Here

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Their gear or the gear with their name on it looks pretty good.

I believe I heard in the video that it is made by RevIt!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I hope the moto journalists trash this thing. Why, you ask? :dontknow: Because I’m beginning to really like it. :ohboy: :classic_biggrin:

Their gear or the gear with their name on it looks pretty good. Price??? :dontknow:
More Pics Here

Too much orange

image.png.579e46928ca920ef40f2c9252288fe6c.png

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, TEWKS said:

More Pics Here

I, agree with you.  I was pretty much narrowing down to a multi 950 for the spring, but my mind keeps wondering back to this. Whats crazy about that is that I am not really interested in the Big HP Big Ass ADV segment.  I find that the biggest thing that makes doubt this bike is that HD is asking me to reconsider what I have thought about their capabilities as a moto company, and that forces me to pay attention to this bike even more and consider if they can do what they are suggesting that they can.  Even perusing through the gear I have to give them some props.

It is going to be a confusing spring.

J

• Like 1

Well one thing Harley has going for it is that they have more dealerships than BMW has car and motorcycle dealerships combined.  I am curious how low that suspension trick really makes it feel like while sitting on it.

• Like 1

Probably a dumb statement referring to a piece of machinery but continuously moving parts kinda worries me. I’d like to see the actual operation of the shock and decide if it’s a potential weak point over time. Yeah, like I’m smarter than the engineer that designed it. :java:

11 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah, like I’m smarter than the engineer that designed it. :java:

Don't sell yourself short, if you've ever built anything from scratch without plans, you are an engineer,.....and trust me, I work with mechanical, electrical, systems, software engineers daily, they ain't that smart,.......they just get better funded software to design stuff with. 

• Like 1
On 2/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, TEWKS said:

Any word on when the moto journalists are going to tell us more about it? :dontknow:

Brother you gotta stop posting up this pic......... I'm gonna find myself in a H-D dealer! Something I said I would never do after they executed Buell:4317:

• Haha 1

Well I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only one being snared by these pretty pics. Heck, I’m only up to three (ok 4 :classic_blush:) different bikes I want to purchase this week. :dopeslap: :classic_biggrin:

edit...That "River Rock Grey" is a near perfect color for this bike. Wish they used it on the "special".

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That "River Rock Grey" is a near perfect color for this bike. Wish they used it on the "special".

I completely agree..... Might have to use that as my excuse to look elsewhere??:4907:

• Like 1

Wow, that’s awesome news for HD! :thumbsup: Hope they rock this thing!

A few bits I’ve been reading are, some greedy dealers are charging a nine hundred dollar set up fee for this bike. :dopeslap: 

They don’t understand the dual-sport rider or (adventure rider) to be more accurate. A lot of us are cheap bastards (not all) but most and we’ll be turned off by that kind of BS price gouge.

roadscholar

At the bottom click on CC for subtitles then the gear selector for English. Not perfect but better.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bill much better! :thumbsup: I didn’t rewatch it all but chuckled at “The center stand is a cow :classic_biggrin: translation. Hope he didn’t mean it was a cow getting it on the center stand. :dontknow:

On 3/6/2021 at 6:14 AM, TEWKS said:

A few bits I’ve been reading are, some greedy dealers are charging a nine hundred dollar set up fee for this bike

Sounds like the H-D dealers are still the same as I remember.:read:

• Like 1

I sure hope they’ve smartened up a bit. The adventure customer (for the most part) is not the chrome customer of years past. Now they will find the guy or two that wants it, and wants it now! aka the Violet Beauregardes Veruca Salts among us. :classic_biggrin: (and will pony up the extra $$) but that pool will dry up quickly I think.

edit...child actors mixed up. :D

• Like 1
On 1/31/2021 at 2:41 AM, Red said:

What is that finned part right in front of the bash plate?  Not the greatest place to put some important piece of cooling apparatus.

I think it's the rock-absorber.  

• Haha 1

If you’re really interested in the bike here’s ten minutes of familiarization. The part that was glossed over is..can I customize a route at home and then transfer it to the bike? Without that, trip planning is going to take an additional GPS unit. :dontknow:

Does that video say you can only adjust the preload settings with the TFT screen if you DON’T have the adaptive ride height feature?

Just rewatched it and at the 3:40 mark he does seem to say that. 

So it sounds like if you want the bike to squat down at stops you can’t adjust the preload for luggage and or a passenger? 

Does that mean the adaptive ride height automatically adjusts to those variables? :dontknow:

RandyShields
1 hour ago, Whip said:

I ordered mine without the Adaptive Ride Height. Maybe I got lucky

If your HD dealers' units are all pre-sold and, like the 1990s, you ride the model when your bike comes in, there will be free test rides at Whip's in Colorado!

• Smile 1
On 2/23/2021 at 2:07 PM, Rougarou said:

2019 GSA......steady at 41-42mpg.  My 13 year older RT gets 46-49.  Same roads, same riding style.

Mileage on my 2020 GSA started at 41, improved over the first 8000 miles and has pretty much stabilized at 47. Gearing on a GSA is lower, the engine is turning higher RPM than an RT at the same speed. My wethead GSA was 45, my wethead RT was 47. Not sure I like the small tank on the PanAmerica, I bought a GSA instead of a GS mostly for the extra gas, I've been places where it  has absolutely been the difference between making it or panic/pushing.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, Rougarou said:

2019 GSA......steady at 41-42mpg.  My 13 year older RT gets 46-49.  Same roads, same riding style.

My 2020 R1250GS gets better fuel mileage than either my 2007 or 2011 RT did.

Yeah they hired a KW engineer for this project. :classic_biggrin:

You sure do look into the details of the bike Larry. I’m still taking in the paint colors! :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Yeah they hired a KW engineer for this project. :classic_biggrin:

You sure do look into the details of the bike Larry. I’m still taking in the paint colors! :classic_biggrin:

My house growing up is circled in red, a traffic light is the red cross.

My house sat mebbe 30ft from the road.

Speed limit 'sposed to be 25, but, meh, 'tis only a suggestion

Plenty of big trucks travel US 90 and jake brake right before the light.

When my wife and I would travel down home for a visit and stay at my mom's, my wife would ask "how do you sleep with the trucks going by",.......me:  "what trucks"

image.png.bd9b224735580ee13a59bfc32c1f6f54.png

• Like 1
Just now, TEWKS said:

Yeah, same with train tracks and crossings. WTH, how can’t that bother you? What bothers me? :dontknow:

Train tracks are only three/four blocks away to the south

I believe the white on the tank is just a protective paint wrap. The white fairing is just gross. :classic_blink: Now If I continued with my first impression of the bike, I’ll probably end up choosing that combo. :spittake: I like Whip’s idea of the fairing being black with the Orange tank. 

edit..your idea also. ;)

From a post at AdvRider...his spell check must be turned off. :)

"A member on the wild goose Guzzi forum got to ride PA and came away impressed.

"A spent a day riding a Harley Davidson Pan America at a motor company sponsored comparison event. If you thought it was bad, your wrong. If you thought it would be OK, your wrong. If you thought it would be great, your almost there. It is light, comfortable and feels instantly familiar. The ride modes are distinct and easy to use. Sport mode turns it into a rocketship. Huge power. It claims 534 lbs full of fuel. But that cant be true as it feels at leadt 100 pounds lighter. The semi active ride hieght option will lower the bike 2 inches when it comes to a stop. It does that so seamlessly you cant feel it happening. This feature, like everything else on yhr bike is adjustable a thousand diffetent ways. 20 out of 10. Not does it only meadure up to thr competition, it is plainly better. It will be the new benchmark. It is that good.

I know. I cant belive it either"

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Damn, am I going to have to take this thing for a ride? I don't want to, and I don't want to like it. My friends will mock me if I even talk well about it, much less consider one.

• Like 2

The bike that saved Harley Davidson? :5146:

I’ve quickly gotten over the quirky looks of the headlight and the no valve check thing is something I wanted forever. I see a test ride in the future for sure. :thumbsup: