IGNORED

CB / Ham radio antenna mount for R1200-RT

SageRider

I'm looking for an antenna mount to fit the R1200-RT. I will use it for HAM radio antenna, but a CB mount is typically also able to be used.

Is there anything available???

R4ND0M_AX3

I was just searching for a GMRS solution myself. Didn't find anything 100% yet. Might just take a CB type NGP and use an antenna tuned for the frequencies I want.

Dennis_n1kcl
I'm looking for an antenna mount to fit the R1200-RT. I will use it for HAM radio antenna, but a CB mount is typically also able to be used.

Is there anything available???

Diamond luggage rack mount bolted to one of the passenger grab rails. I've had it on two different bikes and no marks on the rails are left and no holes in the bike.

Dennis,

Thank you for the input.

Do you ever ride 2-up? If yes, is there any interference between antenna and the passenger?

What is the maximum power you are transmitting?

Also, do you have either of the BMW trunks? (I have the large unit which will be used when I am 2-up.)

Dennis_n1kcl
Dennis,

Thank you for the input.

Do you ever ride 2-up? If yes, is there any interference between antenna and the passenger?

What is the maximum power you are transmitting?

Also, do you have either of the BMW trunks? (I have the large unit which will be used when I am 2-up.)

Wife has no problem with the antenna mount at all. Click on the link below and you can see how it mounts vagely. Now I'm only running 5wts through a VX-5, but plan on mounting my Ft-90 in the radio bay with the remote faceplate somewhere not yet determined.

I visited my friendly Harley dealer who donated an antennae mount used on a dresser. It attaches easily to the rear of my left bag. I installed a CB antennae (truckstop grade) and it functions beautifully.

What frequency? Assuming the usual VHF/UHF, I'd look for a half-wave antenna or something designed to work without a ground plane... should give better performance on a motorcycle and make the mounting location less critical.

Seth,

I'm installing a dual band 2M/440Mhz antenna.

Based on earlier posts, I used a Comet RS-560C mount on the passenger hand rail with a Comet 3D4M cable kit. Results are poor.

1) Antenna interferes with seated passenger.

2) My Comet SBB1 and SBB2 SWR readings are both unacceptable on 2M, but fine on 440MHz.

3) 2) My Comet SBB5 antenna SWR is great on both bands, but is more antenna than I wish to use for general hooning.

So, at this point, I'm still looking for an acceptable mount, then I'll get serious about the SWR issues.

Archived