IGNORED

Domio Moto Helmet Speaker

Beagler

4 hours ago, AZgman said:

This seems like a poor solution compared to Sena or Cardo. Reaching up to the top of my helmet to press a button seems odd. 

It appears you can mount it on the side, somewhat like a "traditional" comm; at some point there might also be a handlebar remote....but I get your point. Also, on both of my helmets there's a vent right about there (the top mounting location they show). 

I haven't tried one, but I do remember seeing on Kickstarter or maybe Indiegogo (or however you spell that) and thinking it would be pretty sweet if it actually sounds as good as they claim. I have always had trouble getting my speakers "just right" for my ears - or maybe I'm just too lazy to really mess around with the fine tuning. In either case, if I could just slap that on any helmet and have great sound, I'd be in.

9 hours ago, Beagler said:

I found a great review on Webbikeworld that said it’s not a bad idea but not quite there. Cons outweigh the pros.   

Sort of what I was thinking. 

Not sure why helmet manufacturers are not jumping on building a helmet with factory installed speakers. Fighter pilot helmets have them, and if they can hear in that environment I think there is a market for them on bikes. Easy to design a helmet with a much larger speaker that does not touch the ear ( makes a sore place ) and isn't so particular about exact placement. 

5 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Not sure why helmet manufacturers are not jumping on building a helmet with factory installed speakers.

Sena has gone down that road.  First, starting 5-6 years ago, they have the comm units that are integrated with the Shoie Neotec and Neotec II helmets.  Close to built in but still an add on.  Then a year or so ago, they launched a helmet with everything built in.  Link below.  Reviews have been so-so.  I remember when it first came out that it was touted as quiet enough to be used without earplugs, but I don't really see that in their marketing anymore.

Momentum EVO Full Face Helmet with Mesh Intercom™ Technology | Sena

I am aware of those. Actually considered a Shoei setup. 

BUT...while they address the wart of the Sena unit sticking to the helmet, they really don't address the speaker situation. Many helmets advertise "speaker pockets" in their helmets. Which helps to install these button size speakers provided with these units. But the problem of the small speaker is still there. Meaning EXACT placement is paramount to them working....at all for actually hearing them at speed. 

I want a 3" speaker that can have some fidelity and volume with low distortion!

I am thinking of going to Sena.  Other guys in my local BMW club use mesh for com.  What’s the difference the 20S and the 50S?  Right now I still use a 13 year old Starcom wired system with SirrusXM which has been remarkably reliable.  Just like the idea of wireless and com with other riders.    

4 hours ago, realshelby said:

Sort of what I was thinking. 

Not sure why helmet manufacturers are not jumping on building a helmet with factory installed speakers. Fighter pilot helmets have them, and if they can hear in that environment I think there is a market for them on bikes. Easy to design a helmet with a much larger speaker that does not touch the ear ( makes a sore place ) and isn't so particular about exact placement. 

They do.  But they don’t market to folks who won’t pay for quality.   A fighter pilot helmet like that used in the F-35 is a $400,000 piece of kit.  At the lower end of the spectrum, police helmet coms systems have spectacular volume and clarity.  Much like a fighter pilot helmet, you go to full volume only at the risk of significant pain.   But I doubt there are 4 people on this forum willing to pony up the $1,900 to install one of the PVP systems in their helmet and on their bike.  If you are, call Josh Pessah.  He will take good care of you.

http://www.metromobile.com/solutions/law-enforcement/motorcycle-systems.html

I thought the Schubert C4 Pro came ex-factory with speakers and a microphone . One just has to buy the plug-in BT unit and battery.

My Schuberth C4 came equipped with comms built in, using Sena Bluetooth.  The helmet has speakers and mic built in.   A separate purchase of SC1 is needed to use them.  I have the SC1 Standard.   There is another model of the SC1 that also has the ability receive FM radio signals.  

On 12/4/2020 at 8:32 AM, AZgman said:

I have the new "HD" speaker option from Sena for my 20S evo unit. Big improvement in sound quality. The Sena app (and a firmware upgrade to the 20S) now provides an equalizer option as well. Worth $39! 

I too got the upgraded speaker and am very impressed. Sound volume & fidelity are great. I can hear clearly through my custom fitted ear plugs.

Was one of the original kickstarter backers for this- I have yet to see one.....Even after getting emails saying it had been sent. If it works like that, save your money...

• Thanks 1