IGNORED

Replace SENA SMH-10R Battery

Bighopper

I was having troubles with the current battery in the SMH-10R, it was only lasting approx 2hrs.
So I decided to investigate the possibility of replacing it with something that would proved a long runtime.

So to the internet, Amazon, Banggood, AliExpress.....I found a battery on Amazon out of China that appeared to provide the 'mAH' that would have 2.5 times the 'mAH'.

A wait of 4 weeks & they arrived as you can see they they were slightly longer than the original. I wasn't concerned about not fitting into the battery case from Sena.New Battery Comparison.jpg
I first removed the wire from the original & soldered it to 1 of the new 1200mAH batteries. Connected it to the USB charger to full charge.

I then used my SM10 hooked to an Apple IPod mini to see how long it would last, alas it only lasted 10hrs. So I then decided that the New Battery was NOT 1200mAH.
So I searched the Internet & found a WEB site that led me to a calculation of 'mAH' by the dimensions (LINK) which works out that these new batteries are only 576mAH.
To verify I purchased a USB tester off Amazon. This then confirmed that I was right, that these were china FAKES! Contacted the seller & got a $15 credit (not too good but didn't need the hassle of sending them back $$$$). So they cost me about $ 33CDN.

So I then decided to hook both the new batteries together in Parallel. I then charged them to full charge & followed the same test as above for runtime.
The new runtime is 26.5hrs, time to full charge from my computer it took 8hrs 15 min.
Measurements NEW Battery
4.19V
5.73Wh
1162mAH
Test Results.jpg

I did the same test on the Sena Battery from my 10R (same battery different battery case)
Measurements SENA Battery
4.19V
2.13Wh
433mAH

Now I have to wait for Spring image.gif.72a6dab5de2807d88456428d0627cb71.gif.....

Charge Test Setup.jpg

New Battery Comparison.jpg

Test Results.jpg

New Batterys In NeoTech 2.jpg

Battery Covered.jpg

• Like 2