IGNORED

Do your duty!

Rougarou

• 2 weeks later...
John Ranalletta

Just returned from draw center.  Easy peasy except I've got "shy" veins and it takes about 5 minutes and two phlebs to get it plugged in.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Just return from draw center.  Easy peasy except I've got "shy" veins and it takes about 5 minutes and two phlebs to get it plugged in.

Glad you made it to the Vampires, more folks need to do this simple gift.

• 2 weeks later...

First donation in about 40 years. In honour of my dad's birthday yesterday. He was a regular donator for most of his life. After 40 yrs of working in the OR and L&D, it was the first time I could be sure I hadn't had any blood or body fluid exposure in the last 6 months. Occupational hazard 🙃😜

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MikeRC said:

First donation in about 40 years. In honour of my dad's birthday yesterday. He was a regular donator for most of his life. After 40 yrs of working in the OR and L&D, it was the first time I could be sure I hadn't had any blood or body fluid exposure in the last 6 months. Occupational hazard 🙃😜

They test it anyway.

I do wish the Red Cross would keep the database associated.  I have to go over all the damn countries I visited while active duty which do not total up to the amount of time they're looking for.  I have to do this every freakin' time.  Just maintain the database.

Has anyone had this type of problem giving blood? 

I have very pronounced veins that are easy to get into, and the phlebs love them.  But the last 2 times I tried to donate, they inserted the needle and the blood was flowing quite proficiently.  Then, before the bag is half full, the flow stops.  They check and move the needle, but can't get any more blood out of me.

One phleb said "wow, you have HUGE platelets".  Not sure about that, but next attempt I plan to over-hydrate myself to see if that helps.

18 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Has anyone had this type of problem giving blood? 

I have very pronounced veins that are easy to get into, and the phlebs love them.  But the last 2 times I tried to donate, they inserted the needle and the blood was flowing quite proficiently.  Then, before the bag is half full, the flow stops.  They check and move the needle, but can't get any more blood out of me.

One phleb said "wow, you have HUGE platelets".  Not sure about that, but next attempt I plan to over-hydrate myself to see if that helps.

You ran out,.....gotta make more!!

I know if you aren't fully hydrated, the blood do be hard to flow.....the vampires don't much like that.  Generally, I do the power red, so I'm hooked up to the sucker machine.