IGNORED

Do I have to give up my BMWST memberership?

Bud

I've become scooter trash. I previously owned a 650 GT and thought it would allow me to remain a member but now I've gone over to the dark side of Yamaha ownership.

Picture taken Monday in NW Illinois. The next morning there was 3" of snow on the ground. Back home to the relative warmth of S. Il.

PXL_20201123_200502714.jpg

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Bud said:

I've become scooter trash. I previously owned a 650 GT and thought it would allow me to remain a member but now I've gone over to the dark side of Yamaha ownership.

Picture taken Monday in NW Illinois. The next morning there was 3" of snow on the ground. Back home to the relative warmth of S. Il.

PXL_20201123_200502714.jpg

No, but you need to put a straight pipe on that thing so the neighbors know to look out for you.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, taylor1 said:

You'd be surprised at to how much giddyup and go these scoots have . 

They'll do 70-80 on interstate all day long without breakin a sweat.

Then I want mine to do 90 or 100!

Well, maybe not on those small tires...

80 is probably fine, I just want to get there faster than my friends! Just a little hop up. And straight pipes!

Source for mirror extensions?

I'm glad to hear that at least one other person here is riding one.

Tell me more about the airhead in the background.

????

That trailer is a keeper. Aluminum frame, torsion axles, tough vacuum formed bed, weighs 200 lbs empty, has LED lighting all the way around.  

Here is how it is made

This is why it is so good

Erik and I have owned many trailers together, this one is one of the best.

2 hours ago, Bud said:

????

That trailer is a keeper. Aluminum frame, torsion axles, tough vacuum formed bed, weighs 200 lbs empty, has LED lighting all the way around. 

Ouch!!

Utility Trailer - 2021 FLOE Cargo Max XRT 8-57

$1,842

For that price, I can get my 6x12 and outfit it with a 3k-lb winch, and throw led's all around, and have a couple of spare tires and a tongue box

Greetings Bud  Bought the Majesty about 10 years ago for the wife. Paul M. had just bought one and really liked it ,so I went with his recommendation.

It started life as silver , but a few years back I took it apart and painted it a H.D. red pearl . It has really held its value . Just looked ,and same year with higher mileage are

selling for more than I paid for it. Wife quit riding , but I couldn't bring myself to sell it. Anyway , You can buy the mirror extensions on Ebay .Just looked and they still have them . There is also a good forum for those scoots . USA Majesty.com   The airhead is a 75 60/6  my first BMW .Kinda of  my pride and joy . In 40 years , a mechanic has never laid a finger on it other than to change tires.

• Like 1

Well someone is. Here is a quote from the Battle Scooter forum on ADV.

"I’m guessing Bud was joshing us... he has had 114 BMWs and only two scooters, one of which was a BMW.

On a boating forum where we have both been for a couple decades, he was known as “boatless Bud” for a short time... and then he bought 3 more boats. :-)

I’m going to call him “Your Majesty” ... until he buys another BMW. I’m still called Captain Jim around here, but I’m not looking for another boat job. :evil"

On 11/26/2020 at 7:58 AM, taylor1 said:

<snip>   The airhead is a 75 60/6  my first BMW .Kinda of  my pride and joy . In 40 years , a mechanic has never laid a finger on it other than to change tires.

Good on you! Airhead's motto: "Simple by choice." They came with a tool kit that was actually useful for working on the bike.