IGNORED

2009 1200 RT windshield problem

Rob S

I turned on bike and lowered windshield. It went about two inches and stopped. Now it won’t go up or down. When I push the switch, nothing happens. No sound. Does anyone have a quick fix. Just want to get it back up and leave it there.

6 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I turned on bike and lowered windshield. It went about two inches and stopped. Now it won’t go up or down. When I push the switch, nothing happens. No sound. Does anyone have a quick fix. Just want to get it back up and leave it there.

Afternoon Rob

Take a quick look to see if one of the windshield arms is broken (jammed), if that is OK then try starting the engine, THEN see if the windshield will move.  

If still no go then you will have to dig into farther than a quick fix. 

When you push the up or down switch that tells the ZFE module (chassis computer) to move the windshield. 

3 minutes ago, Rob S said:

It happened last night. I had to drive home with windshield down. Tried multiple times to push button. Nothing happened. 

Check the arms, otherwise probably a switch problem, or a broken wire, or a ZFE (chassis computer) issue, or something in the motor assembly itself.  

You can try a battery disconnect for about 5 minutes, then re-connect  to clear the ZFE computer but if that doesn't help then you will need to do some technical testing to find the problem (not an easy system to diagnose at home due to that darn computer interface)