Car 54

ABS

Car 54

Sent my ABS module off to Module Masters today. Should arrive Late next week. Holiday will probably mess that up. ‘07 R1200RT.

Brunhilde

How many miles on it?  What symptoms of failure?

Hati

Is that a servo assisted version? IIRC they change in '07 to the next model ABS is why I'm asking.

GordonB

My '07 was non-servo.

Rougarou

My '06 got the whizzy brakes,....they still be a whizzying at 140k.

Car 54

I am original owner. Build date 0207. Milage is about 15,550. Started to get intermittent “Brake Failure” light on dash after I started moving. Got more frequent then stayed on all the time. Also noticed I was not hearing ABS motor spinning up with start. Bike has Gen II ABS. 

Still have original fuel strip though. Keeping fingers crossed.

John

dirtrider
10 hours ago, Car 54 said:

I am original owner. Build date 0207. Milage is about 15,550. Started to get intermittent “Brake Failure” light on dash after I started moving. Got more frequent then stayed on all the time. Also noticed I was not hearing ABS motor spinning up with start. Bike has Gen II ABS. 

Still have original fuel strip though. Keeping fingers crossed.

John

Morning John

Sounds like possibly a sticking motor brush in the rear servo motor (happens occasionally on the I-ABS gen II systems). 

Car 54

Hi DR,

My thoughts exactly. The first time I noticed the problem was springtime when I pulled it out of cold storage after winter. It went slowly downhill from there. As the brakes worked fine individually I did not worry about ir too much although I did flush the brake fluid throughout but without success. 

Disassembly was interesting. Still trying to figure if I can do any other work on the bike while I have all the plastic off. First bike with ABS. 

Best, John