IGNORED

What ultra small tank bag do you use?

MachineJoe

I’ve spent some time looking for a small tank bag but haven’t found one yet.

I’ve come across and like Bags Connection Daypack II but it’s discontinued

What micro or mini tank bag are you using?

Thanks in advance

I have an older version of this:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-ea123-easy-t-5l-tank-bag?sku_id=1644600

image.png.5974123779fc11960d612add935df7ab.png

Lists as five liters. I like it because it’s not much bigger than the tank ring/flange, and thus does not stick out far in front or behind. On my GS the aftermarket bars are very close to the filler cap, and on my S the filler cap is way back toward the rider. This was the only bag I tried that I could use on both bikes with no adjustment. (It doesn’t hit my belly/chest on the S, nor the bars on the GS.)

• Like 1

SW Motech Daypack and Micro are both great. I have the daypack - it's perfect on a sportbike. Looks like a lot of SW Motech stuff is backordered, presumably pandemic related. Twisted Throttle has some stuff in stock. The electric version of the daypack is there. https://twistedthrottle.com/product-category/luggage/tank-bags-accessories/?swoof=1&product_brands=sw-motech&product_cat=tank-bags&really_curr_tax=31627-product_cat

These quick lock bags are a really great system.

• Like 2

SW Motech Micro on '17RT ...works for me for day trips and long rides.

Pros: quality product, easy to release and refasten for fueling up, just right for cell phone, tire guage, sunglasses, Gerber multi-tool, small battery pack, microfiber cloth, rain cover and a couple of other things.

Con:  not waterproof, so rain cover needs to be used.  I like the old style tank ring, but not the "new-&-improved" ring 

• Like 1

Another vote for the Givi.   They make a nice small one that uses the Tank Lock system.  The Tank Lock is great.... easy on and easy off and never a misfire.  About as good as it gets. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Another vote for the Givi.   They make a nice small one that uses the Tank Lock system.  The Tank Lock is great.... easy on and easy off and never a misfire.  About as good as it gets. 

Does the sun glasses holder/tray come out or is it needed as support to keep the phone from sagging ?

The sunglass holder does come out and upper part on mine is a hard plastic that will not sag.

I do not keep my phone in the phone holder as it can heat up and shut down in the direct sunlight. I keep mine hooked up to a charging port in the main part of the tank bag and use the GPS as my phone interface.  

• Like 1

I have the same size as Chris K and while I thought I would not use the eyeglass holder I use it all the time.  My glass case fits perfectly in that spot.  I never use the cell phone pocket but the material on top is a sort of hard shell and unless in a monsoon I don't usually use the rain cover.   I did get a Wolfman Rain cover that works much better than the one Givi supplies.  But that is truly the only negative I have found on this bag.  The tank lock system work perfectly every time and in my experience better than the SW Motech system.   Although I have not tried the newer Motech attachment system.

Thanks guys!   Both look good and both have + and - . 

Givi  -  I like the USB power outlet but the clear plastic might reflect the sun which is what I don’t like about my large BMW tank bag. I like that it might hold up to a little bit of rain with its hard shell.

SW  -  I like the soft shell but that would also let rain get absorbed in that last mile or two before getting to my destination 
I really like it’s capacity of 2.5L which makes it more narrow and have a lower profile 

decisions, decisions :4317:

Thanks again 

13 hours ago, MachineJoe said:

Thanks guys!   Both look good and both have + and - . 

Givi  -  I like the USB power outlet but the clear plastic might reflect the sun which is what I don’t like about my large BMW tank bag. I like that it might hold up to a little bit of rain with its hard shell.

SW  -  I like the soft shell but that would also let rain get absorbed in that last mile or two before getting to my destination 
I really like it’s capacity of 2.5L which makes it more narrow and have a lower profile 

decisions, decisions :4317:

Thanks again 

The smallest Givi does not have the clear shiny plastic