Sign in to follow this  
Trobinson

Moving on to other pastures, so to speak

Trobinson

Good morning all,

I've been looking to "upgrade" the old '96 R1100RT for some time now and decided now is the time.  I'll be picking up a 2012 FJR1300 in a couple of weeks (so long as it's in the condition the pictures show) and retiring the beemer.  My plan is to dismantle it and sell some of the parts.  I'll post in the classifieds once I'm ready.  I'll note here the mileage is high (190,000 miles), but everything works.  The final drive is in excellent condition with a slight weep of oil at the front seal.  The gearbox has roughly 70K miles (I bought it 4 years ago from JamesW, IIRC, with 50K on it) and I have the original torn apart ready for rebuild.  Anyway,  I'll post up when it's dismantled.

I'll likely hang out here once in awhile.  The help here has always been great and appreciated and who knows, I may one day own another beemer.

Tom

Paul De

The big thing is to keep on riding, and to that hopefully congratulations on the new to you ride will be in order.  I have always like Yamaha's, particularly their 3 cylinder models.  soft spot aside, I am coming to a decision to sell my '99 R1100RT for an on-off road bike for use on the fire roads near where I will be living, but still have a newish Waterhead to go long on.  Don't forget about us as it is always nice to read about what others are up to regardless of brand.

Skywagon

You will like the FJR....except for changing the battery which is a Jay Oh Bee.  My  best friend rides one.  He bought it new in 2013 and says when he is ready for a new bike he will buy another FJR.  You can still hang out with us....we don't care what you ride....

• Like 1

Trobinson

I'm sure I'll still hang out here.  Hopefully some of you will take advantage of some good used parts.  I was going to offer up the rims, but found out an object I hit a few days ago bent both.  Tires didn't break the bead, but I'm no longer riding it since I know about it now and you never know when one will decide to let go.  Anyway, look for parts in the classifieds in a couple of weeks or so.