gauge visibility

Rube

8 minutes ago, Rube said:

Any alternatives out there that allow me to see the dash in daylight? 2011 RT

8 minutes ago, Rube said:

Any alternatives out there that allow me to see the dash in daylight? 2011 RT

Evening  Rube

Daylight or direct sunlight? 

Personally I don't have any problems seeing the dash in daylight but in direct sunlight from certain angles it's near impossible.

I pretty well gave up trying different things so just use my GPS  to ride with most of the time.   

• Like 1

daylight... I change the ESA settings for comfort frequesntly. I ride 2 up. We have a combined weight of 300LBS. Since my wife is 108LBS. I really can't tell she is there. When the bike wallows in corners I move to normal mode. I have to wait until the light is right to read the setting on the dash. If I am riding with friends solo I might stiffen the ride even more but at 67 I have to keep my self under control. I don't want to go out on the bike... just my preference. 50 years of riding has taught me some respect ;-) barely...

I am bothered by this problem often also. I am wondering if there is a way to trick the guage into going into night mode. Surely there is a light sensor somewhere that maybe we could cover with a bit of tape.

I have this problem too, especially when I wear my light colored jacket and I am riding toward the sun.  The reflection of my jacket in the gauges makes them very difficult to read.  Am thinking of trading up to get a newer model with the more modern (readable) cockpit.  

On 11/22/2020 at 6:07 PM, Papacoco said:

Am thinking of trading up to get a newer model with the more modern (readable) cockpit.  

"Honey I can't see the gauges and you don't want me to get a ticket do you???"  :3: