graydude

2020 check in

graydude

In!  Short 120 miles. Feel bad for those with the longer commute.  Chilly.  Great event as always!  Will plan something in February or March. Stay tuned

• Like 1

FlyingFinn

Home, safe and sound!

Tehachapi was bit chilly at 32F and rain/hail, but no worries. Windy as heck all the way home.

See you all again next year!

Mikko

TheDigginDutchman

I made it home safe and sound about 330. Justin had a mishap between Stovepipe and the turn off for Beatty.The nut that holds one of the forks to the top tripple clamp was missing and when he went to pass the fork came out the wheel went right and so did he. Justin seemed ok miner abrasions bike totaled no ambulance needed.Scott stayed with him and his wife came to pick him up they should all be home soon.

Thanks to all that came it was a nice cool weekend !!

Cornelis

mrduck

Epic weekend as always, Kernville was a great way to start the weekend, weather cooperated thru Saturday.

The ride home Sunday is another story.......there is .the above mentioned incident, then intense winds, rain, and cold! 

Glad to see all of you !

And we’ll be sure to do this again!

8ACF093E-E148-48D7-B6DF-63E9B1F3DAC4.jpeg

179FEE80-C712-4FDD-BA03-5029813C88A8.jpeg

• Like 1

BrianT

Home safe after a whole lotta wind riding home.

I was glad to finally get that chili dog and Coors light for Al at the Happy Burro. Speaking of which, one of the Beatty residents was looking for guys this morning (see pic). 

DE1D845F-FB12-40B2-8547-63C1E7BEDCFE.jpeg

3F05A335-BCCB-48A4-994A-51769D6ADE52.jpeg

• Like 1

longjohn

In about 5. Epic!

Just a reminder:  ATGATT!  He walked away and his gear did it’s job. 

BrianT

I also saw this hoodlum hanging out in an alley up to no good I'm sure.  Picture from a third world country or a city in Nevada? 

B49E94B4-351A-4B82-8174-01C538882B3D.jpeg

• Like 1

longjohn
6 minutes ago, BrianT said:

Home safe after a whole lotta wind riding home.

I was glad to finally get that chili dog and Coors light for Al at the Happy Burro. Speaking of which, one of the Beatty residents was looking for guys this morning (see pic). 

DE1D845F-FB12-40B2-8547-63C1E7BEDCFE.jpeg

3F05A335-BCCB-48A4-994A-51769D6ADE52.jpeg

Such gentle souls:

0138B1C2-2A61-43F6-A7A2-C3FDA9EE63A5.jpeg.6c235e928efe8455687444f77d5f5f28.jpeg

C5298F20-75F4-402B-B3CA-795299C341FF.jpeg.bc88f711e028825b800d77f33b868fc5.jpeg

LBump

Home at 5:50.

Tried to ride through Angeles Forest to ACH and it kept getting colder and colder with more precipitation and WInd!! 

The further I rode the more of an icy mess it became...  Soo... I

Doubled back to the the 14 and headed South.

Great to see everyone and the Beatty donkeys.

fOEpV1vnfyBNIJpajDVmUYCAH38E5oGdnq8MUimRUyPEfphkJCSl1cAd311CHIPFxmqalFTnZbMpS4vu9_fYfnHJyykL3PKumGnMFd3akl9tVBrlPwhyY9nEKpMgLFQONFtvEqSyqDVaKYLeaYBYGT1izv-POj58sgIZ-a75phxfeneyT94WRLZo_dzcCMX3uIVFQNIMzYSjSQKgnfQTwRhBCquyxF9lztvNX6WjhAEKyVCY0P4hp1ExxTP9dSxx6jvAC6NMzU-oT-CAFhK4tqAB6YzIJieLP-9J3trRcPRIXvGCKmbnEJzOlfpgPbLfclyl_-ufaEJzgAmFnaphOnxiorW3Kh-y0hVifKEiNzPDYSHgXAuzpC6B4pqPwSI6LWIM5IhU6u7Ofly0HY0iO3zoob0eq0lCkqcCIZ_ID3ln1k4BppIvJ2_dFN-Upy-FYTaDfpFFYHP241lvNy11taC0J2BRZg3jPvbGE4KZdMtToRqKSei9qumUT-y7xI4AOojBX-ECyfSLYJCy5WJhvl9C0ZbaYPi7pkjmuLD9G10FYG65f3BJeLRvn0wBBwv_TX5XcZIus6Dqjo8xzW37G5UB5fPP_QFb26YG0nfLxAx2oP0NBbDw3uKFSjIE24qiZfZ9s-wsTuS_EPJQ3S2thGkKXO_sCCp1O9nGk1PqIOPm18gtHTAJzSFklywYGg=w1723-h969-no?authuser=0

• Like 1

Groanup

Late again...

I got home Sunday at around 5 pm. My ride home was a slow roll on a bad tire. At least the crosswind allowed me to stay off the center of the tire... Got as far as Newhall so I could leave the bike at Frank's. Going back today to replace the tire.  Huge thanks to Hakan and Frank for sticking with me till I was safe. Elba is especially grateful,  because she got to ride in a nice warm car!

20201108_145346(1).jpg

• Like 1

C_Williams

Home Yesterday, after an interesting ride home

Hit the heaviest rain of the trip 2 miles from my house

Don happy to see you made it home safely

graydude
2 hours ago, Groanup said:

Late again...

I got home Sunday at around 5 pm. My ride home was a slow roll on a bad tire. At least the crosswind allowed me to stay off the center of the tire... Got as far as Newhall so I could leave the bike at Frank's. Going back today to replace the tire.  Huge thanks to Hakan and Frank for sticking with me till I was safe. Elba is especially grateful,  because she got to ride in a nice warm car!

20201108_145346(1).jpg

No more tires from Craig’s List Don. 

Groanup
2 hours ago, graydude said:

No more tires from Craig’s List Don. 

No kidding! That Pirelli went away fast!

Wish I could say that my situation was the worst thing that happened Sunday...

edit: I can now confirm, Pirelli Angel STs have steel belts... :classic_unsure:

eddd

A real grown up would have checked the tire more closely...:stir:      :wave:

• Haha 1

LBump
4 hours ago, eddd said:

A real grown up doesn't ride motorcycles Eddd.

Eddd... EVERYONE missed you! The donkeys missed you! Even the gal checking us in with the nose rings asked, is Eddd coming, the guy from Utah?

You're a wimp for not coming because of windy weather. Sue even asked if you were there; I said only in spirit.

graydude
26 minutes ago, LBump said:

Eddd... EVERYONE missed you! The donkeys missed you! Even the gal checking us in with the nose rings asked, is Eddd coming, the guy from Utah?

You're a wimp for not coming because of windy weather. Sue even asked if you were there; I said only in spirit.

I didn’t miss EDDDD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

graydude

Does anyone have an update on Jason?  Did he make it back? Injuries?  Expect a call from EDDDD to bid on the bike carcass. Just sayin. 

RT Russ

I hit SNOW in Tehachapi AND an overturned big rig closed hwy58. I stopped at a truck stop for a large coffee and some grub. Found a route around the big rig and blazed on home. Love them Gerbings!

I made it home Saturday evening around 6:30. Wife said I must have been speeding since Google maps said I would be home around 8:00  :-)  I didn't admit to anything. 

I'll bring extra CPAP pieces to figure events......lesson learned. 

Russ

Groanup
5 hours ago, eddd said:

Ya spelt it wrong...

• Like 1

Groanup
53 minutes ago, LBump said:

Aww, cut him a little slack Larry. Mebbe he checked his tires real careful, and decided he couldn't make it home in all that wind... :wave:

• Like 1

mrduck
1 hour ago, graydude said:

Does anyone have an update on Jason?  Did he make it back? Injuries?  Expect a call from EDDDD to bid on the bike carcass. Just sayin. 

They all made it home on Sunday, wife came up with truck and ramps........Jason was unhurt, riding gear shredded, bike totaled.........ATGATT 

FlyingFinn

Damn, sounds like the whole place went into a hell in a handbasket as soon as I left. 
Really sorry to hear about Justin’s mishap, but grateful to know he’s ok.

Don, I’d say you got your money’s worth on that tire...

• Like 1

TheDigginDutchman

I spoke to JUSTIN yesterday he stayed home and striped a few parts off the bike.A lot of things hurt a little bit but he seemed fine.

• Like 1

graydude

Glad he is ok. Thanks for the update. 

stubble!

What bike was Justin on? So glad he is ok. 

We got home last night after laying over in Morro Bay on Sunday. The coast highway was the warmest route available, high of 51, so we took it all the way up. After Sunday's ride with sleet and hail it was positively balmy. Pics to follow. Had a great time this weekend.

gsgar

Bill and I got home about 6 Monday night. We had a really fun time riding over the hill in Tehachapi with Jason and his friend Mike. You know 34 degrees ,rain/spray, snow ,etc. Got to Jason's place about 6:30 Sunday night and rode home yesterday. It was a nice little 2100+ mile trip. I was glad to see everyone again and sorry to hear about Justin, glad he's OK. Hope to see everyone again next year.

Gar

• Like 1

longjohn
4 hours ago, stubble! said:

What bike was Justin on? So glad he is ok. 

We got home last night after laying over in Morro Bay on Sunday. The coast highway was the warmest route available, high of 51, so we took it all the way up. After Sunday's ride with sleet and hail it was positively balmy. Pics to follow. Had a great time this weekend.

Gsa. The vario bags and the hard top case all de-biked, but none opened. The crash bars worked well. A gs would not have faired as well. The bike ended up about 20yds down the road from him. The gps stayed securely in place but the lock strangely disappeared. The engine looked in good shape. I was so surprised to see him sitting upright and lucid in the graded drainage depression. Unbelievable. 

stubble!

Crazy. What a nutty failure. So lucky.

FlyingFinn

One more update on this train wreck of a thread.

The final drive “rubber boot” on my GS got somehow torn on the way to Beatty.

Piece of duck tape kept any water and dust out for the rest of the trip, but today I got off my butt and replaced the rubber boot.

What a messy job.

one of these days I might even wash the bike...

• Like 1

stubble!
On 11/20/2020 at 10:30 PM, FlyingFinn said:

one of these days I might even wash the bike...

You need the dirt to show the oil leaks. 

I only lost one spoke on the way home. Not a bad trip considering.