IGNORED

BREAKING NEWS: I conquered my 'dip'.

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

After giving it much thought (and many thanks for all the thoughts, advice, support and cheers!), I decided I still love riding. What's more, my hip and groin pain finally let up, and I even worked the olive orchards for 10 days consecutive without too much problems.... so the GS1200 stays. Let it grow old with me. 

I put in a nice ride last Sunday, taking the moto to go to the shooting range. 

And today I toured some familiar roads around Perugia and Assisi..... Pretty foggy at first, and rather cold, but to be honest, I like that better than dripping sweat into my boots! 

Temps dropped to 8 C (46 F) in the fog, and then back up to about 12 (53 F) in the sunny parts. Good BMW values. 

But I will put the winter liner back in for next ride! 

I went to fill her up near Perugia, then visited the local airport, before heading home through thousands of vineyards. Will need to shoot some pictures of those in the next few days. 

20201108_100913.jpg

20201108_122749.jpg

20201108_113036.jpg

20201108_113026.jpg

20201108_123252.jpg

20201108_122818.jpg

20201108_122759.jpg

20201108_122754.jpg

• Like 10

Loved riding my GSA through Itally.  Strangely enough, Assisi is one of my favourite places to visit.   Even dragged my wife back there by car after I ”discovered” it.   I came upon it after a three week ride through eastern Europe and the Balkans.

• Like 1

Think I mentioned this to you before. I passed by this road years ago not knowing how awesome it appears to be by seeing videos of it after the fact. If I lived in Italy and if I rode motorcycles (again) :yes: I’d find my way to it! :thumbsup: Seriously, roughly how far is that from your location? :dontknow:

B270958D-5169-4E8D-A884-E47F98039B96.jpeg

edit...

Oops, that map is wrong I believe. This is the road I meant. 

• Like 1
Francois_Dumas
1 hour ago, AZgman said:

Good to hear Francois! Ride well!  1.26 Euro per liter for petrol? Ouch!

Errrrm, nope, that's the diesel. Petrol is 1.38 in my area. I drove 15 miles further to find one with 1,30 🤣🤣

Francois_Dumas
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Think I mentioned this to you before. I passed by this road years ago not knowing how awesome it appears to be by seeing videos of it after the fact. If I lived in Italy and if I rode motorcycles (again) :yes: I’d find my way to it! :thumbsup: Seriously, roughly how far is that from your location? :dontknow:

edit...

Oops, that map is wrong I believe. This is the road I meant. 

That's some 480 km's north from us, 5,5 hours via toll roads. We stayed further north from there quite a few times and did that road on one of our tours. 

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, Francois_Dumas said:

After giving it much thought (and many thanks for all the thoughts, advice, support and cheers!), I decided I still love riding. What's more, my hip and groin pain finally let up, and I even worked the olive orchards for 10 days consecutive without too much problems.... so the GS1200 stays. Let it grow old with me..

Good that you are enjoying the ride.

I am still trying to understand the "dip" you concurred. 

THe change in temperature....?

Francois_Dumas
3 hours ago, Redman said:

Good that you are enjoying the ride.

I am still trying to understand the "dip" you concurred. 

THe change in temperature....?

No, the doubt I had if I should retain the GS and continue riding, or get a lighter bike, or give up. 

On 11/12/2020 at 4:05 AM, Francois_Dumas said:

No, the doubt I had if I should retain the GS and continue riding, or get a lighter bike, or give up. 

Ah!

Well! Good then, that you enjoyed the ride.

(I did later see you other post about hesitancy to ride there for a while.)

• Like 1