IGNORED

SECFF NOVEMBER 21 2020 LUNCH

terryofperry

Please join Bernie (Bernie) and me (terryofperry) for an SECFF lunch at The Country Buffet in Sandersville, GA on:

Saturday November 21st, 2020 at 11:30 A.M.

The Country Buffet

117 W. Haynes St.

Sandersville, GA 31082

478-552-1815

32.982863°

-82.811433°

https://www.facebook.com/thecountrybuffet/

Plenty of parking available.

388855276_CountryBuffetSandersville.thumb.jpg.ee34f452bc7cbd5e1f5f26bbd662474c.jpg

1304560309_CountryBuffetSandersvilleParking.thumb.jpg.056848577e67a023785076bd81a1d150.jpg

Five (5) Plates on the Terry scale. :eat:

i-SGq8zX5-M.jpg

i-kV9X2XG-M.jpg

i-QQnHCn5-M.jpg

SavannahCapt approved:

i-S6S2Pw2-M.jpg

See y'all there.

Terry

• Like 2
7 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

on call again....   

Bummer. Hopefully you will make December.

The calendar has a list of all the future dates, maybe you should send them to your boss. LOL

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MikeB60 said:

I'm out. On my way to the Mojave Desert for a couple of weeks. :88:

Bummer Mike, have a good trip and we will see you and DyAnne in December. 

Terry

6 hours ago, Slumgullion said:

May be able to attend this one! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Be careful, you may stumble and fall with crossed toes.

Unfortunately, the SECFF lunch in Sandersville this Saturday is canceled. Washington County (Sandersville) is now a "hot spot" on the Georgia Department of Health map. Bernie and I have been watching the numbers for the last few weeks, we believe it is not prudent to hold the event this month. Another point to note, Washington County has a total of 56 beds with only 10 ICU beds. Of course, you are welcome to visit the restaurant and enjoy the food if you so choose.

We will post the SECFF December lunch soon.

The big orange spot on the following map from the Georgia Department of Health is Washington County.

614493262_WashingtonCountyGACovid3.png.41c223a4a796b49e28bb2e53a077007b.png

Terry

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Yes, William, I believe it is. But it would be a good idea to call the day before.

Also there is a Mexican restaurant next to it. You could also make a picnic out of it, as the town square is very nice.

• Thanks 1

Bummer about the cancellation guys and not to veer this too far off course but my buddy Dave and I are planning on being in Wrens, Ga. this Friday evening and Sat morning exploring east Ga. dirt roads in the SUV and checking out some relevant history (to us). Probably eat at Peggy's Restaurant Fri night and again Sat lunch if anyone wants to meet up. Wrens is in Jefferson County I think the next one east of Washington County tho not as much a hot spot. We plan on visiting the gravesite of Blind Willie McTell at the Jonesgrove Baptist Church, try to find the Meriwether Lewis childhood homesite near Goosepond, Ga.,  a quick look at Callaway Plantation just west of Washington then check out the 'Ol Orchard Grill nearby : )

031.jpg

Turns out we rode right past it years ago but didn't know it.

Marker close to Meriwether Lewis's boyhood home.

https://www.historyofwilkes.org/callaway-plantation/

• Like 3
17 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Bummer about the cancellation guys and not to veer this too far off course but my buddy Dave and I are planning on being in Wrens, Ga. this Friday evening and Sat morning exploring east Ga. dirt roads in the SUV and checking out some relevant history (to us). Probably eat at Peggy's Restaurant Fri night and again Sat lunch if anyone wants to meet up. Wrens is in Jefferson County I think the next one east of Washington County tho not as much a hot spot. We plan on visiting the gravesite of Blind Willie McTell at the Jonesgrove Baptist Church, try to find the Meriwether Lewis childhood homesite near Goosepond, Ga.,  a quick look at Callaway Plantation just west of Washington then check out the 'Ol Orchard Grill nearby : )

031.jpg

Turns out we rode right past it years ago but didn't know it.

Marker close to Meriwether Lewis's boyhood home.

https://www.historyofwilkes.org/callaway-plantation/

The homesite is just North (I think!) of the monument in your pic. Look for this fence:

DSCN2598-XL.jpg

DSCN2602-XL.jpg

1 hour ago, MrMac said:

The homesite is just North (I think!) of the monument in your pic. Look for this fence:

DSCN2598-XL.jpg

DSCN2602-XL.jpg

Thanks but I'm not sure which road it's on, Goosepond, Saxon Mattox, another? I snagged the marker pic off LewisNClark's photo site on Adv, he's ridden some 23,000 miles detailing their entire journey on his 800GS and written a book on the expedition. I posted these pics in a ride tale 8 or 9 years ago he saw them and said it was near there but I didn't get details just that you had to walk into the woods to find it. I think this historical marker is on Saxon Mattox Rd but not 100% sure, it's what let him know we were close (he has the same pic)..

030.jpg

042.jpg

1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

Thanks but I'm not sure which road it's on, Goosepond, Saxon Mattox, some other? I snagged the marker pic off LewisNClark's photo site on Adv, he's ridden some 23,000 miles detailing their entire journey on his 800GS and written a book on the expedition. I posted these pics in a ride tale 8 or 9 years ago he saw them and said it was near there but I didn't get details just that you had to walk into the woods to find it. I think this historical marker is on Saxon Mattox Rd but not 100% sure, it's what let him know we were close (he has the same pic)..

030.jpg

042.jpg

Ah! I'll post the coordinates when I get back to my computer! Sorry!

1 hour ago, MrMac said:

About 33.9863746, -82.9491167

Gene Smith rd. , Oglethorpe county.. 

Trying to use my phone, so hope this is correct!

Got it, thanks. And north of where I thought it was but both my old and new routes use Gene Smith so have been by it a few times. ‘The route’  is an adv ride from Fla to Tenn/NC, be happy to send you some of it if you’d like. As you know that part of Georgia is real purty.

• Thanks 1