IGNORED

Hair

Bill_Walker

2 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

What's hair?

It's the stuff that used to be on top of your head.  Over time the roots lose their grip and gravity pulls it down to emerge from your ears and nose.

• Like 3
Calvin  (no socks)

Ever since Covid began I have been growing mine out. BMW or HD I will fit right in. Can't decide on a Tiger King Mullet or a pony tail. :grin:

• Like 1

One of my saddest days happened about 30 years ago.  I was outside and it began to drizzle, nothing heavy just a light drizzle.  Then it happened. a single drop landed on my scalp unimpeded by any hair...It struck home hard, I was inheriting my dads hairline.  Within a week I was at the barber getting a close cut because the last thing I wanted was to be suspected of rocking a comb over.  Wife begged me not to do it, but has since came around and likes the close cut.

• Like 2

Lucky in that regard, I’m just trying to hang onto the little color that’s left. :grin: One of the young handsome guys at work walked through the kitchen the other day and I was Blinded By The Light coming off the top of his head. :spittake: I’d still rather be him. :)

image.png

Being cheap frugle, while active duty, I'd shave it twice a week, too thick to shave daily.  Lube up in the shower with conditioner(better than shaving cream), scalp it smooth and be good with it.  Tis only hair.  Now, I still keep it fairly short and even let the new Great Clips hatchet people cut my hair,.....if they screw up, it's ok, three days and it'll be fine,....screw up too bad, and I'll shave it down and let grow back.  The last cutter said I had a "beautiful" head of hair that I should let grow out a bit,.....nah, did that for a year upon leaving active duty,.....it ain't hi skool no more.  But it has grayed, been doing that since 8th grade with a few strands of the white stuff.

The girl that cuts my hair is a Cambridge firefighter’s wife, does a great job. 14 bucks, I give her a 20. Being Cheap? :dontknow:

Back when I was a kid it was 3 bucks a Bob’s Barbershop. I remember him saying to me one time “you come in here every six weeks whether you need it or not”. :grin: He just recently passed away after about fifteen years of retirement.

Funny, guys that lost their hair want it, and us that have it don't. I have to get a haircut about every 3 weeks, it grows like a jungle. 

Now tell me why my eyebrows are like stainless steel and grow in every damn direction? I guess ear hair is something I have to look forward to?

If you squint real hard at picture to the left, the guy on the left is the young man I was with shoulder length hair that my GF at the time was jealous of.  That went away when I moved from parts sales and service writing to wrenching at the M/C shop I worked at in those days.  After the first week pulling my pony tail out a pans of oil more than once, off it came.  Certainly not military tight but short for the '70s.   I did grow it out again somewhat while at college, because it was a case of drink beer or, get a hair cut.  I always choose beer!

9 hours ago, West_Coaster said:

Funny, guys that lost their hair want it, and us that have it don't. I have to get a haircut about every 3 weeks, it grows like a jungle. 

I've got the worst of both worlds: no hair left on top, but what's left has to be cut every 3 weeks!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bill_Walker said:

I've got the worst of both worlds: no hair left on top, but what's left has to be cut every 3 weeks!

Ha, I'm think of negotiating for pro rated pricing!

• Like 1