IGNORED

Crash bars 2021 750GS - Will bars fit 2018/19/20?

Dean01UK

I'm waiting on delivery of my 40th anniversary edition of the 750GS - I'm wondering if anyone knows if the engine shape would be any different to the previous two or three years?  I want to buy my protection bars, but everywhere advertises years 2018 to 2020, so I have no idea if there are any minor tweaks in the 2021 model that would make previous year protection bars obsolete.  The dealer only have them in black, and I want chrome, hence looking to after-market providers.  Anyone know?  Thanks.

bmw-f750gs-40th-01.jpg

I can’t say with 100% certainty but I’m 99% sure that no mechanicals have changed on that bike from 2018 to the current model. I think you’re good.

Congrats BTW! :thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I can’t say with 100% certainty but I’m 99% sure that no mechanicals have changed on that bike from 2018 to the current model. I think you’re good.

Congrats BTW! :thumbsup:

Much appreciated. I'm fairly confident too, but just my luck there's been a slight modification causing a few mm of shift somewhere, and the bars won't attach. But the upgrades seem to be on electronic features rather than anything effecting the engine... So I might chance it. Thanks again, TEWKS. Ride safe!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

When you get the bike, post up a picture or two in motorcycle talk, love to see the bee! ;)

Haha. The bee! Yes, will do. Funny how this year has gone very quick, but the delivery date for my bike on 30th Nov is now dragging!! I now live in Colombia, so it's all year riding! Oh yeah!!

5 minutes ago, Dean01UK said:

I now live in Colombia, so it's all year riding! Oh yeah!!

Sounds like a way of life to strive for, right there! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I have an 40th Anniversary 750 on order myself - and have been doing extensive research into add ons...

From what I understand, there's an additional (or just different - opinions seem to vary) O2 sensor on the MY 21 F750, that blocks one mount point used for previous generation guards...  My bike doesn't arrive for 6ish weeks, so I have no way to confirm first hand, though.