IGNORED

Helmet Chip

dba

During a recent trip through the western USA, the wind blew my helmet off the seat of the bike, while I was putting my jacket.  Thankfully, it landed  the opposite side of the Sena system and the only damage was this chip.

Anyone have any ideas of how to repair something like this?  My thought was to find some bright white nail polish and try to build it up, but I’m not really convinced that’s the proper way to repair this.  Thanks for any ideas.

Helmet Chip.jpg

Epoxy would work fine to fill the hole, as you only need a small quantity.  I've done some automotive body work in the past, so I might use a dab of the Bondo spot putty that is on the garage shelf.

I'm rarely satisfied with my paint touch-ups though,  so after filling the hole, I would probably take the opportunity to customize the helmet with stickers or some reflective tape.

i would mix micro balloons with epoxy.  It will be white and you can add the micro balloons until you get the consistency you want.  Here is a link of some guy mixing it up.  The picture is the brand I use.Micro Balloons Pint (16 oz.) by SIG MB001

I use it on lot's of things.  I have used it with epoxy to patch gelcoat.

You can also mix baking soda with the epoxy to make a putty like mixture.

Much easier to find than micro balloons unless you're into model aircraft.