IGNORED

Best Raingear????

Thumper

Have a pair of Joe Rocket pants that leak in the crotch when it gets really wet. (No, I didn't wet myself!!!) Am thinking of purchasing a "cover" rainsuit that will enhance the acclaimed impermiable layer of armored jacket and pant. What has been the best choice you have made?

Thumper thumbsup.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

BMW Klima Komfort, their spelling, not mine.

Never even get damp in torrential rain for hours on end. It's Goretex lined so it breathes enough that you don't die in the summer and it does provide enough wind protection to function as a auxillary outer layer should I run into an unexpected cool evening. Packs into a 12x10x3" Eagle Creek packing cube along with my BMW Summer Rain gloves. It lives in my top case. Side zippers half way up the calf make getting the pants on over boots and other gear pretty painless. The two pieces allow me to just slip on the jacket for light rain.

Only drawback is that it is spendy. That said, I have had mine for 4 years now and it still is doing its job. You did ask for the 'best'.

A friend uses a couple of different rain suits from Harley-Davidson, and they are extremely well-made and durable. He loves them and swears by them!

BTW, he rides a R1150GS and a K1200GT and doesn't seem to mind the huge grin.gif H-D black and orange logo on the back! eek.gifgrin.gif

Yankee_Dog

Frogg Toggs. Your choice of colors. Light, durable, reasonable price and absolutely waterproof.

Yankee Dog

Frogg Toggs. Your choice of colors. Light, durable, reasonable price and absolutely waterproof.

I'll second Yankee Dog's vote for Frogg Toggs. Got mine last year and I've been through a few downpours with them - not a drop made it in. At first I found the hood to be in the way, but then I started wearing the hood under my helmet and that keeps the water from seeping in through the collar.

Oh, and the really great thing is that they fold-up small (keep mine under the seat) and they dry alot faster than my FirstGear rainsuit ever did.

Cheers,

Lucky

Rusty1945

Which one? Elite, Pro-Action (mentions motorcycle applications) or one of the other models?

Rusty

I have a 2 pc HD rainsuit that is well made and does the job. My wife uses a Fieldsheer jacket and HD pants (both good too). I'm sure there's lots of good choices out there. One thing to consider if you live near one of the larger HD shops (and which ones aren't large today), you will generally find a nice selection of sizes to try. Fit is of paramount importance with raingear. This may not be as easy via the web or from smaller retailers. Just food for thought.

Archived