IGNORED

ABS repair by Modulemaster

joeb

I saw in another link that Modulemaster in Idaho repairs the abs units.  Mentioned $350  for an ABS 2 unit . On their website I only saw an Abs 3 unit for $750. And I think my 03 1150rt has an ABS 2 unit. Shop is closed till monday. Anyone have any info ? Thanks much.

I get fuzzy on the years per model, but the simple test is if your bike has/had power assisted (“whizzy”) brakes, then you have/had the iABS (ABS 3). Module masters was repairing the earlier ABSII (non-power assist) units for $350 and many people here have had that done. The iABS units though they apparently have trouble

sourcing parts and have for many years said they were just about to be ready to take on that repair.  There is apparently a waitlist and I’ve seen one or two posts of folks who say they got MM to repair their iABS units. $750 seems to be the price for that service if you can get it. 

Thanks, yes, mine are the wheezy brakes, so I guess ABS 3. Normally would have looked up this info first but just came across post on repairing unit. Till now I was under impression that the unit wasn't repairable so didnt pay to much attention to specifics. Will talk to company on monday and see what they say. I do have another ABS question which I will post now on a separate topic. Thank you

There are a couple of threads here (most recent from about 2018 I think, but updated maybe last year) and a recent one on ADV. If you hear anything useful from MM I’m sure people following those threads would be interested in any update you might provide. 

Today the MM website says they have a waitlist for the iABS repair and that even that waitlist is closed until at least January 2021 (which I guess is now actually coming up pretty soon!).