IGNORED

Need help finding brake pads

redryder

My rear brake pads on my 02 RT need to be replaced and the front ones are getting close, so I'll be replacing them all at once. I have checked with a couple of places on the internet and found EBC organic brake pads, but only a listing for the rear set, none for the front. I can get sintered pads for the front, but after doing a search on this board for RT brake pads, I'm not sure that I want to go that route. I was interested in the EBC mostly because of the price difference over OEM. Any and all help/info will be appreciated.

EBC 'Black' (non-metallic, easiest on the rotors): front: FA246, rear: FA363. Very popular choice around here.

wayneleslie

I too need new pads all around. Based on what I've read, and the fact that my rotors are all at the service limit, I want to go with the EBC pads also. Where is a good place to purchase them?

Thanks in advance.

I want to go with the EBC pads also. Where is a good place to purchase them?
I think you meant to say that you want to go with EBC rotors also? The EBC rear rotor for the 1100RT is an MD653 and it is well made (I currently have one on my bike.) I don't know the EBC p/n for the front rotor.

No doubt many sources out there but for stuff like this I usually use Dennis Kirk (www.denniskirk.com) as they usually have what I want in stock. They are probably not the absolute cheapest but will match the lowest price you can find if you ask them.

EBC front brake pads FA246HH or FA246 (kevlar) (+/-30.00)

EBC Rear Brake pads FA363HH or FA363 (Kevlar) (+/-30.00)

EBC Front Rotor Right MD607RS (around 230.00)

EBC Front Rotor Left MD607LS

EBC Rear Rotor MD653 (around 140.00)

My profound thanks to all who responded. However, Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Pro and Dennis Kirk all only list an organic pad for the rear now. It seems that perhaps EBC has only sintered, or HH pads for the front now for the 02 RT. Common sense would dictate that it wouldn't be good to mix organic on the rear and HH on the front. Am I forced into using a sintered pad now or pay the BMW price for a set of OEM??

Common sense would dictate that it wouldn't be good to mix organic on the rear and HH on the front.
Actually that's commonly done to reduce the chance of locking the rear brake due to using pads with too high a friction coefficient. Perhaps not much of a concern on a bike with ABS but still there's no problem in doing it if you like.

BTW I'd be a little surprised if EBC didn't offer their 'black' (non-metallic) product for the front as well. You might want to go the to EBC website and check their catalog to verify.

Paul Mihalka
Common sense would dictate that it wouldn't be good to mix organic on the rear and HH on the front.
That is my favorite setup on the integrated brakes. EBC HH up front and the black organic on the rear. Gives me a bit more braking bias to the front which I like.
My profound thanks to all who responded. However, Bike Bandit, Motorcycle Pro and Dennis Kirk all only list an organic pad for the rear now. It seems that perhaps EBC has only sintered, or HH pads for the front now for the 02 RT. Common sense would dictate that it wouldn't be good to mix organic on the rear and HH on the front. Am I forced into using a sintered pad now or pay the BMW price for a set of OEM??

Actually, some recommend this, because higher friction of the HH pads can lead to easier lockup of the rear wheel.

Bob.

Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse stocks the FA246 Kevlar pads for the front for $21.95 a pair. They also have the HH's.

I have purchased from them in the past and have had good experiences.

Good luck.

That's why I love this board. Lots of info here and invaluable knowledge. Thanks again guys, your input is greatly appreciated. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Archived