IGNORED

RIP Eddie Van Halen

Joe Frickin' Friday

Rolling Stone magazine ranked him 8th out of 100.   He could really make some creative music from his guitars.   After listening to him play over the years, i was always astonished whenever I saw, on video,  how he actually played the guitar to get such an amazing sound out of it.   Very talented and creative musician.  

Sad news. I've been watching Van Halen videos on youtube and came across this one of the Blue Angels accompanied by his music.

• Like 2

Truly sad to lose such an amazing talent.  RIP Eddy ...

Hey RoadScholar - years ago (college time) I DJ'd in nightclubs.  We also had a free buffet during happy hour which brought in many people (to buy drinks).  We also had video screens throughout the club so I could DJ or VJ depending on the crowd etc.  The point being the Blue Angels video was my favorite and I watched it as much as I could. The club was about 3 miles from our international airport and as such we used to get a lot of airline personnel in the club. One happy hour I remember putting on the video and a group of guys stood in front of the big screen holding their drinks and just watching.  They were all in their flight uniforms and probably just flew in with a out flight the next day.  In any case, after it stopped, they all chanted, "play it again." Turns out they were all pilots in the service (now pilots for the airline industry) and all were amazed at the skills of the blue angels.  Very powerful moment for me.

• Like 2
On 10/10/2020 at 4:01 PM, wbw6cos said:

Just saw this and I thought I would share. 

Enjoy!

Thanks for the link.  Eddie Van Halen jamming with Jan Hammer sounds like a weird mix, but it worked.

• Like 1