IGNORED

Vetter SnapVents.

lather

I recently read a thread about increasing air flow but after 30 minutes searching I cannot find it. I found the OEM shield on my 2013 blocked too much air and installed a CalSci shorty. Still blocks too much air.

There was one reply to the thread that mention Vetter SnapVents as a great solution. I have purchased the SnapVents and a hole saw and am ready to install on the CalSci. However, I wanted to get ssome suggestions on where best to position the vents from someone who has tried this on a Camhead RT. Thanks in advance for any replies.

BTW, the Vetter website has an installation video that sadly only brags that the vents are unbreakbale and how to squeeze them into the holes, but notthing about actually boring the holes.  

I experimented with them on the Wethead windshield project. They don't really add all that much air flow. What they do, and what they did well on the original Vetter fairing/screen package was allow enough air to pass through them to fill the low pressure area his package had. That reduced turbulence. We have a LOT of air flow under the screens on all the RT's, so a small amount of airflow won't matter. I have used them on 3 different windshield projects, the only one that they really helped on was a 1978 CX 500 Honda with a "Plexifairing". 

I think they take a 3 1/4" hole. Getting a hole saw in that size is where to start. Getting the hole too big means the vents won't say open. Too small....and they CAN be broken when installing. I cut with a hole saw, the used a carbide bit to straighten that up a bit. Then sandpaper to finish. No need to try to polish, but that would be the next step. Copious amounts of tape onto the screen is advised to protect from scratching! 

Take the windshield clear off your Camhead. Take a ride like that. If that is what you are after, then a very small screen simply to cover the brackets and fairing area might be what you are after. 

Well I have the vents and the 3 1/4 " holesaw so I will give them a try. The shorty shield is already off as the weather has turned cool and I am heading north with the OEM shield back on.

Probably want have a chance to give the vents a good test until next spring. If they don't work I will try cutting the shield down with a jig saw. I did that succesfully years ago with an 86 Concours shield.

Like many others I had them on my Vetter windshield back in the day, but I recently added 4 vents to the windshield on one of my side-by-sides.  I was getting exhaust fumes pulled forward with the full windshield and installed the vents to eliminate the lack of air flow.  The results were a bit of a surprise.  The negative pressure was addressed to a degree, but there was not a great increase of cooling air flow even at speed with all 4 vents open.

• Like 1
RoanokeRider

I have put them in a wrap around sidecar windshield on the sides and they worked very well. If the vents are difficult to turn and/or open the vents, try sandpaper on a tumbler type glass or cup to smooth the rough edges on the hole. Worked for me.

• Like 1