IGNORED

R1200RT City Lids

k12pat

That was me who started the other post you read. The city lids on the Japanese site seem to be what I'm looking for. They seem a little pricey though. Regardless, I wish I could get a look at them here in the U.S. Let me know if you find anything on this side of the Pacific.

• 2 months later...

try this address

http://www.datz-bmw.co.jp/netshop/rt/index.html

Then click blue number '1' under R1200RT

Translation of the page

R12R-010X-000 R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (black matte) 44,100yen (42,000 without sales tax)

R12R-010X-MUT R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (no color to be painted) 44,100 yen (42,000 without sales tax)

R12R-020X-XXX R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (painted in stock color) 58,800 yen (56,000 without sales tax)

lid of pannier case for R1200RT/ST

7cm narrower than stock. Practicality is not sacrificed. Can be exchanged easily using torx wrench.

*Color of stock paint is "dark graphite metalic", "granite gray metalic", "piemond red metalic".

They state in a page of the shopping guide that they accept order only from those live in Japan and they ship to only for address in Japan.

I am not sure whether these products are made by this company or by some other manufacturer. I cannot find any description regarding manufacture of the pannier case lid in the web site. Even if they are manufactured by this company, I do not think they can make profit if they sell only in Japan. Which means, I guess there must be other venders in other countries.

HK

Any forum browsers in japan willing to help out? I'm interested in purchasing a pair too.

Anyone else in the UK interested?

Thanks to the previous thread:-

I emailed Eastern Beaver and this is his response:-

"Craig, I'll look into it right away. I can understand why they'd want a narrower profile here in order to cut through traffic.

Tell everyone to hold on, I'll help out and try and get a price on some quantities."

This is a quote from the eager eastern beaver and if he can get some sort of deal, then I'd take a pair.

Watch this space.

Quote........

"R12R-010X-000 R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (black matte) 44,100yen (42,000 without sales tax)

R12R-010X-MUT R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (no color to be painted) 44,100 yen (42,000 without sales tax)

R12R-020X-XXX R1200RT/ST lid of pannier case (painted in stock color) 58,800 yen (56,000 without sales tax)"

Quote.....

Did a Yen to US dollar conversion and got:

44,100 yen = $383+

58,800 yen = $510+

1.0 Yen = $115.109

'spensive tongue.gif...........

Phil.........Redbrick

Archived