IGNORED

SECFF October, 24 2020 Lunch

SECFF-Banner2019Lg.thumb.png.4c175a7cd1cec41dbdb65ca33c84b9c3.png

It is that time of the year again to start planning for the monthly SECFF Lunch meetings.

So please join Terry (terryofperry) and me (Bernie) for the first monthly SECFF lunch of the season at Bevricks CharHouse Grille in Metter, GA on 

Saturday, October 24th, 2020 at 11:30 AM.

Due to Covid-19, I will check with the restaurant, if there are any changes in their operating hours or service.

Also keep in mind that we may not be allowed to be seated on the same table. 

Stay flexible and healthy! Please follow local government rules and recommendations.

Bevricks Char House Grille

1055 Fortner Rd. 

Metter, GA 30439 

I-16 Exit 104

(912) 685-4110 

32.376092°

-82.065821°

N32.37615° 

W82.07099°

http://www.bevricks.com/

• Like 5

Upon realizing the location of this SECCF Lunch location, I immediately thought of Ken.  Last time there, he was one of the first to show up.  He met everyone in the parking lot as they pulled in.  We had a nice conversation.  Lasting memory. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Ron-M said:

Upon realizing the location of this SECCF Lunch location, I immediately thought of Ken.  Last time there, he was one of the first to show up.  He met everyone in the parking lot as they pulled in.  We had a nice conversation.  Lasting memory. 

I hope you can make it, Ron. Unfortunately I don’t think I be the first one there, as Ken always has been. I normally run a little late. Sorry!

7 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

doesn't look like I can make that one.  on 24 hours, off that morning.

Bummer, hopefully you can make the November SECFF Lunch.

I did post all the dates for the season on the calendar. The locations are up in the air due to Covid-19 of course. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: 

Just spoke with the manager at Bevricks Char House Grille and they are expected us (BMW Sporttouring).

They will try to seat us in a area together, but she did ask me to call her back if it will be more then 15-20 people attending. 

You can either order from the buffet or of the menu.

At the moment I have the following commitments:

@MrMac

@MikeB60

@60Aviator

@wbw6cos

@terryofperry

@Ron-M Plus one 

Ron (Terry’s friend) @SavannahCapt :4617:

@Bernie

Chris Hiday

Sparky

@Lowndes

@RightSpin

If you have been thinking of joining this lunch, please drop me a note here or send me a PM, so I give a head count to the restaurant Friday afternoon.

Weather should be seasonal and I hope everyone has a safe ride.

See you all Saturday!

Great Ron. Are you bringing anyone along?

PS: if you get there before me, (I am always late), just ask for the BMW section or that you are with Bernie. LOL

No problem Ron. The more the merrier.  I will add him or her silently. Lol It is no problems if a few extra folks show up. They will spread us out a little and hopefully it will not delay service. I think restrictions are almost lifted. She did mention that everyone using the buffet has to sanitize their hands before using it. 

In Newport, at the Ruby Tuesday's salad bar they  provided required plastic food handling gloves, which was easier than sanitizing.  What a novel idea:  wear the same things the lunch lady wore when she served us pizza, french fries, and corn dogs.   Ah, those were the days.  

• Like 1

u

unfortunately I am in the middle of a major exterior home improvement project.  Basically replacing all the siding on three sides of my home.  So Saturday and Sunday's are spent removing the old siding.  Hired someone to install the new hardie plank siding, but I am doing all the demo work.  Hopefully done by Christmas, so maybe Jan event will be possible.

4 hours ago, Slumgullion said:

Sorry I am Out Of Town and regretfully will not be attending BUT I'm looking forward to November!

I hope you are having a enjoyable trip and looking forward to seeing you in November.

The dates for all the SECFF events are on the calendar.

11 hours ago, Calvin (no socks) said:

My weekend to work.... :mad:

Bummer!:4316:

Maybe you can make it in November.

The dates for each lunch are posted in the calendar. You may want to send a link to your boss! :88:

• Like 1

Bernie

For obvious reasons,  I'd prefer to be referred to as Savannahcapt or almost any other handle than "Ron(Terry's friend).

See you Saturday!

4 minutes ago, SavannahCapt said:

Bernie

For obvious reasons,  I'd prefer to be referred to as Savannahcapt or almost any other handle than "Ron(Terry's friend).

See you Saturday!

My apologies. I may understand and will make a note for future. 
Looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday, @SavannahCapt!

Safe travels!:bike:

10 minutes ago, Bernie said:

My apologies. I may understand and will make a note for future. 
Looking forward to catching up with you on Saturday, @SavannahCapt!

Safe travels!:bike:

Thank you. It my simplify things should I ever need a security clearance. 

Great to see everyone! Longest ride of the year for me, 360 miles...

Few fog pics from this morning and a ugly screenshot from the ride home.  Got wet but missed the really bad stuff. 

20201024_083251.jpg

20201024_082219.jpg

Screenshot_20201024-145047_Radar Alive! Pro.jpg

• Like 4

My ride totaled 400 miles.  No rain for me.   I split off from Lowndes in Lithonia.  The clouds came out just north of Eatonton, but it was still hot out as the humidity took over for the direct sun, I guess.

Great ride.  Good seeing everybody.  

See y'all next month.

20201024_121600.jpg

20201024_121539.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No rain until the last 5 miles, and then it was not quite a drizzle, more of a mist.  440 miles of otherwise great fall weather, beautiful sunrise on the road, some scattered morning mist and fog, just enough to keep the sun out of my eyes as it came up.  Bucolic scenery on the smaller backroads of central GA, friendly locals, excellent fried chicken for lunch among like-minded gents (and a Lady!!), meet new friends and some familiar faces to make the ride complete.

THANK YOU, Bernie, for setting this up!!

BTW, who was asking me about the Leatt in the parking lot before lunch??  I have a few more thoughts on it.  PM me if you see this.

Lowndes

• Like 4

Foggy morning to start, 68 degrees most of the way to Metter from Tallahassee.  Beautiful riding.  Good to see everyone.  I raced the rain home and lost.  Last 30 miles I got wet.  Thanks Bernie and Terry.  Hopefully I will be able to make next month's lunch ride.  Enjoyed it. 

• Like 4

Beautiful day on the bike, excellent food, wonderful conversation, great turnout. Look at that sky, Bernie picked a good day. Thanks Bernie.

i-kgqwz9N-M.jpg

i-7BBNLwJ-M.jpg

My meal:

i-CHwM5xD-M.jpg

i-7tNQtBk-M.jpg

i-rPMC4nr-M.jpg

SavannahCapt:

i-288MWkb-M.jpg

Bernie's sampler: :5146:

i-kpgj9fs-M.jpg

Good to see everyone, thank y'all for coming.

Terry

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

No rain until the last 5 miles, and then it was not quite a drizzle, more of a mist.  440 miles of otherwise great fall weather, beautiful sunrise on the road, some scattered morning mist and fog, just enough to keep the sun out of my eyes as it came up.  Bucolic scenery on the smaller backroads of central GA, friendly locals, excellent fried chicken for lunch among like-minded gents (and a Lady!!), meet new friends and some familiar faces to make the ride complete.

THANK YOU, Bernie, for setting this up!!

BTW, who was asking me about the Leatt in the parking lot before lunch??  I have a few more thoughts on it.  PM me if you see this.

Lowndes

That was me asking about the Leatt, Lowndes, thanks for the information.

Terry

Thank you Terry. I am glad that the chocolate ice cream didn’t work. It would not have looked as nice on that plate.

Great turn out everyone. Thank you all for showing up. I hope to see everyone healthy in November at the next lunch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2