IGNORED

WTB R1200 Final Drive Bolt

mentalite

I broke a bolt when changing my final drive oil.  Let's just say that I did something stupid.

The bolt in question is the one that holds up the final drive to the paralever arm.  The final step in lowering the final drive to drain the oil and access the splines.  Directing me to salvage parts sources would also be helpful.

My bike is an '06 1200RT if it matters.

It's part number 07129906213, ISA screw M10x55-10.9-MK, available through any dealer, about $7.50.

Technically, it's a part that is supposed to be replaced anytime it is removed as it comes with thread locker applied.  In practice, I think most of us apply a fresh dab of blue Loctite and reuse it.

20 hours ago, lkraus said:

It's part number 07129906213, ISA screw M10x55-10.9-MK, available through any dealer, about $7.50.

Technically, it's a part that is supposed to be replaced anytime it is removed as it comes with thread locker applied.  In practice, I think most of us apply a fresh dab of blue Loctite and reuse it.

Thanks for the info lkraus.  I was certain that I had broken a piece of unobtanium.  I'm relieved.

For future reference. The torque value for the nut on the paralever rod is 42nm or 31ftlbs. That value is for both ends of the rod. Do not overtorque the nut and bolt because over time you may stretch the bolt. This is a high stress/load attach point. This might be why BMW recommends replacing the bolt after each removal. 

20200927_095943.jpg

20200927_094909.jpg

20200927_100019.jpg