IGNORED

Questions about this 05 BCR.

JSRX78

I picked this up yesterday from a buddy. Every image I've seen has the sponsor decal on the belly pan, ItIMG_20200917_202454.thumb.jpg.c6fcff7c7895f84deb4811e65bce302d.jpg has the Laser exhaust and the carbon covers not that is matters the bike was a great deal even if it wasn't a BCR. Does anyone know any way to confirm if the suspension is Öhlins and if there anything to worry about on the missing decals?

The rear does't look like the Ohlins.... Bright yellow springs and Ohlins labeling is the basic ID, there are other ways as well. I don't recall if the decals were clear coated over or just added at the dealer, I didn't work for BMW at the time.

Is there anywhere I can check the VIN? Considering the number of these made I could see someone doing a replica BCR and there doesn't seem to be a lot of differences between a non-BCR and BCR but it would be nice to know what exactly I have here.

A pic pulled off the net. It appears the decals on the tank "www. bmw " are missing also. Probably just too busy for somebody's eyes. Looks like a legit BCR other than that. :thumbsup:

2005-bmw-r1100s-88273-147.jpg

When I first saw that pic I thought it was the inside of the rear wheel hub (which may also look like that; makes it hard to remove the rear wheel, but is much easier to deal with than a crusty gas tank!).