IGNORED

Oil Filter Question ?

MagYukon

HI,

I'm looking to find a oil filter for my 2013 R1200RT and I'm a bit confused.

Even looking here, I'm still not sure what I need.

Based on what I found here, it looks like those would be OK:

I went on the K&N Website and the KN-164 is listed for a 2012 R1200RT but for the 2013 R1200RT, it looks like it should be the KN-160

I know I should trust you more that the K&N website, but it's not the first time that part for that bike seems to be confused on different web site regarding the 2012 and 2013.

Thanks for all your inputs !

Those are the correct p/n's for your camhead. I believe the KN-160 is for the W/C which did not come in the RT until 2014. I'm sure someone will have that info and chime in.

I use the Mahle or the HiFlo depending on what is in stock at my local store. fwiw. :18:

• Like 1

You can get both the Mahle and the Mann Filter through Rock Auto, cheaper than other bike specific Stores.

Mike

’08 RT

’04 Ducati St3

’67 BSA 441 

• 4 months later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:31 AM, MagYukon said:

HI,

I went on the K&N Website and the KN-164 is listed for a 2012 R1200RT but for the 2013 R1200RT, it looks like it should be the KN-160

I know I should trust you more that the K&N website, but it's not the first time that part for that bike seems to be confused on different web site regarding the 2012 and 2013.

Thanks for all your inputs !

Th KN-160 is for Wetheads.  2013 Camheads are same as all Camheads.  The Wethead GS arrived in 2013 and many 2014 Wethead RT were built in 2013.  Poor cataloging.

• Like 1