IGNORED

How Do I Remove 2010 R1200RT Headlight Bucket Assy

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I'm going to solder in new connectors for my headlight bulbs.  I know I can just plug spades on and move ahead, but I want to replace connectors and I like soldering. :)

How do I get the entire headlight bucket off the bike?  I keep removing tupperware, windshield, and trim, but I don't feel like I'm close yet.

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, DaveTheAffable said:

I'm going to solder in new connectors for my headlight bulbs.  I know I can just plug spades on and move ahead, but I want to replace connectors and I like soldering. :)

How do I get the entire headlight bucket off the bike?  I keep removing tupperware, windshield, and trim, but I don't feel like I'm close yet.

Thanks!

Afternoon Dave

Check your messages on this site as I sent you a manual page.  (can't post it here as it is BMW copyrighted) 

• Like 1
DaveTheAffable

Thanks.  With your help, and others, it became easier. A cup of coffee also helped!

Three new connectors, all three headlights working. 😀

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 12:19 PM, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Dave

Check your messages on this site as I sent you a manual page.  (can't post it here as it is BMW copyrighted) 

Would you mind sharing with me too? 

Regards,

Mario

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

When I did this I used the cd rom from BMW which has everything on it, RepRom, I think they call it, and probably also the Hardcover Haynes R1200 BMW Twins book.

The books can always be of some help.  On that front end of the bike if I recall it was like a maze, but the books gave me the easy path through it.

I just bought a Jeep and the first things I ordered were the Chilton's, the Haynes, and someone gave me the factory service manual, computer edition.

They can be helpful.

dc