IGNORED

What do these buttons do on my key fob?

BeemerBerg

I’ve always wondered what the buttons on my key fob do?? The arrow thingy & the little BMW roundel click, but nothing happens.  

Not mentioned in my owners manual. Not a remote start button. Not a garage door opener. Doesn’t get me to warp speed. Doesn’t engage cloaking device. 

Ideas?

CF7E4306-0FD4-4D85-A67B-604985308D4A.jpeg

If you have central locking, then the roundrel button, pushed once, will lock the cases.  If you also have an alarm, then a second push of the roundrel button will activate the alarm, confirming with a loud chirp.

The square-ish arrow button will undo all of the above with one push.

Also, to lock the forks in the full-left position with the bike not running, push the BMW logo and hold until you hear the fork lock click. To unlock, hold again till you hear the click.

3 hours ago, migrant said:

Also, to lock the forks in the full-left position with the bike not running, push the BMW logo and hold until you hear the fork lock click. To unlock, hold again till you hear the click.

Now THAT I didn't know.  Thanks.  

Still a lot to learn.  

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Now THAT I didn't know.  Thanks.  

Still a lot to learn.  

Yeah, tell me about it. Even after several attempts (following different videos and written instructions) the bike radio still won't link to my Sena. Sometime in the process it linked, then mysteriously went away. I gave up. Sorry for the diversion, now get back on track!

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 5:45 AM, migrant said:

That's news to me.  I do it with the Power button on the forks, but the same technique: hold the button until the fork lock engages or disengages.

All of this presupposes you have Keyless Ride, of course.

11 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

That's news to me.  I do it with the Power button on the forks, but the same technique: hold the button until the fork lock engages or disengages.

All of this presupposes you have Keyless Ride, of course.

I just went through my manual, and there's no mention of being able to lock or unlock the fork using the "radio-operated key".  Maybe that feature was introduced in later model years.  Or else it's not documented, but I'm too lazy to go out to the garage and try it.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Bill_Walker said:

I just went through my manual, and there's no mention of being able to lock or unlock the fork using the "radio-operated key".  Maybe that feature was introduced in later model years.  Or else it's not documented, but I'm too lazy to go out to the garage and try it.

I tried it and I could not get it to work on my 2018 RT. :dontknow:

• Like 2

And because I read it on the internet, I decided to go out and try it on my RT.  When I push and hold the BMW button, all it does is lock everything; I have central locking.   It did NOT lock the forks.  :5146:

• Thanks 1