IGNORED

Nav V Media Player issue

KMC1

Hey guys,

I loaded up songs on an SD Card and have the helmet Bluetoothed to the Nav V - when it’s not on the bike it works great. However when I put it on the bike and go to apps-media player it pops up a message to play music through the motorcycle radio. I keep looking for the option to switch to the GPS but I don’t see it. I see USB, Aux, AM/FM and WB but not the GPS. Any ideas?

CE40C406-CBD7-45A7-841D-44A8977401F5.jpeg

KMC....I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking to do with your audio.  Here is a video on how to connect everything.  It works.  If you can be a little more specific I am sure we can help you out.  Just be aware when you are listening to music via a SENA the wonderwheel won't let you control volume.  Are you trying to connect a phone as well?

4 hours ago, Skywagon said:

KMC....I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking to do with your audio.  Here is a video on how to connect everything.  It works.  If you can be a little more specific I am sure we can help you out.  Just be aware when you are listening to music via a SENA the wonderwheel won't let you control volume.  Are you trying to connect a phone as well?

This is great because it’s showing me I didn’t pair my items in the correct sequence - at the moment I am unable to stream music from the phone through the Nav V so maybe this will help with that. I have songs loaded onto an SD card in the Nav V and I had planned to play them from there but now I see the answer below yours that that is not possible. Perhaps I can stream from the phone and get around this issue. Thanks guys! 

4 hours ago, vawas said:

You can not play music from the SD card. Put music on a thumb drive and connect in right glove box and you can play through radio. 

Thank you - that is such a huge limitation. I put an SD card in and loaded the songs and maps onto it so I would have everything with me. Bummer. I may end up having to complete the trip without music as I don’t have a way curently with me to create a thumb drive. I really appreciate the help guys! 

If you can insulate pins 5 and 6 with a wee bit of tape, the Nav will not know it is on a BMW mount, and should let you bypass the BMW audio.  But the wonder wheel will not interact with the GPS.

Zumo 660 cradle - wiring on pins?

• Thanks 1

Just pickup a usb converter for your micro SD card and move the music to the USB port in the RT cubby. You will then have your music. This assumes that your routing is not also on the SD card. Or, just sing to yourself in your helmet! Good luck bro...

20 hours ago, lkraus said:

If you can insulate pins 5 and 6 with a wee bit of tape, the Nav will not know it is on a BMW mount, and should let you bypass the BMW audio.  But the wonder wheel will not interact with the GPS.

Zumo 660 cradle - wiring on pins?

8 hours ago, AZgman said:

Just pickup a usb converter for your micro SD card and move the music to the USB port in the RT cubby. You will then have your music. This assumes that your routing is not also on the SD card. Or, just sing to yourself in your helmet! Good luck bro...

awesome info guys!

i think I found a way today to work with it. I’m running a Sena Momentum helmet which I believe is functionally similar to the 20S. In the configuration menu- pairing options, there is an option to connect to cell phone 1, cell phone 2 and then GPS. I connected to the GPS channel for the Nav V, and Having the cell phone connected to the helmet,  was able to Stream music and calls from the phone to the helmet and then the GPS would automatically connect when giving turn by turn instructions. This works great for my needs at the moment, and so I feel like for now I can focus on enjoying the trip. Thanks for all the help guys! 🤘🍺

On 9/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, vawas said:

You can not play music from the SD card. Put music on a thumb drive and connect in right glove box and you can play through radio. 

Why?

I do it on my Zumo 660, my Nav V, and my Nav IV.  Not sure why you say you can not do that?  

I have a 64 GB card in my GPS and have thousands of 320 KBS CD quality songs on it and it plays fine no issues.

4 hours ago, LAF said:

I do it on my Zumo 660, my Nav V, and my Nav IV.  Not sure why you say you can not do that?  

Are you playing music from the SD card in a Nav V or VI on an RT with factory mount and audio system?

The issue is the way that BMW integrated the factory radio with the GPS. It does not support the GPS media player, so you need to move your music SD card to the RT radio USB port.

LAF, us GS riders have no such issue! :4907:

• Like 1

I've never been able to play music properly  from my NAV VI if it's loaded on the SD card.

It works fine if the music is on the NAV VI itself

My bike has no radio package.

21 hours ago, lkraus said:

Are you playing music from the SD card in a Nav V or VI on an RT with factory mount and audio system?

yes but on a GS as I now see may be the difference.

On my RT I just used a USB stick in the cubby.  I had 1 or two made up to just change it up when I wanted.  Next trip I am going to try a audio book off the NAV IV.

I also have been using Amazon Music on my phone.  You can download all the music you have bought from them to a USB or SD card or your phone proper and play from there.  Or you can stream off the phone or join, and have a bizillion songs to choose from.

I use only high speed sd cards in the 80-90 MBS range and that seems to help on all devices.