2020 DVD

drswift

19 hours ago, stubble! said:

Looks like it's going to be a chilly weekend. 

Mikko, Russ - we'll meet you somewhere - Gilroy again? 

I'm in, what time are you thinking?

On 11/1/2020 at 9:13 PM, stubble! said:

Looks like it's going to be a chilly weekend. 

Mikko, Russ - we'll meet you somewhere - Gilroy again? 

Sounds good to me.

What time did we meet there the previous times? 8AM?

it’s a pretty long ride to Kernville, and the days are so damn short now.

(I seem to remember pulling to Kernville just as the sun is going down, and the deer come out...)

Hwy25 to Parkfield from there?

I checked the route, 9AM is OK.

3 hours from Gilroy to Parkfield, a burger-break in V6-Ranch Cafe, and another 3 hours from Parkfield to Kernville.

We’ll still get there before sunset.

9am at the Leavesley Rd. Chevron?

Weather is conspiring to make this a less than ideal gathering.  Friday I can look forward to 30 mph winds on my way to Beatty.  Saturday in Beatty starts cold and doesn't warm up much.  Sunday departure at 40 degrees with rain the last 100 miles home in the mid 40s.  

One might think this is weather only a duck would enjoy.  Who picked this weekend? 

Oh yeah, now it all make sense.:stir:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not going to make this. Back issues started 2 days ago and not getting any better. Reservations canceled at Kernville and Beatty.

Ya'll have a grand time. Hope the weather is better than predicted.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, eddd said:

Weather is conspiring to make this a less than ideal gathering.  Friday I can look forward to 30 mph winds on my way to Beatty.  Saturday in Beatty starts cold and doesn't warm up much.  Sunday departure at 40 degrees with rain the last 100 miles home in the mid 40s.  

One might think this is weather only a duck would enjoy.  Who picked this weekend? 

Oh yeah, now it all make sense.:stir:

Soooo are you saying there is a chance you won’t be coming??  What’s DVD without EDDDDD bashing?

Looks like it’s gonna be a cool one this year.  No matter.  Group hugging (with masks) will be the remedy. This will be nothing like the pre-DVD of 2009 when we left Phrump and it was 8 degrees. Old timers will remember this frigid gathering. We got this. 

• Thanks 1

Don't be scared of a little weather. Shoot, even Elba is coming. She may regret it, but she's coming... :whistle:

We'll be in Kernville tomorrow. See (some of) you there!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, graydude said:

Looks like it’s gonna be a cool one this year.  No matter.  Group hugging (with masks) will be the remedy. This will be nothing like the pre-DVD of 2009 when we left Phrump and it was 8 degrees. Old timers will remember this frigid gathering. We got this. 

I waited until it warmed up to 12 degrees before hit the road. My camelbak froze solid. 

still trying to make this but work isn’t cooperating even though nothing is going on here. If I can’t get released from the mandatory shifts tomorrow, hopefully I get to Beatty Sat night to see you hooligans. But it’s not looking good.