IGNORED

Ride-On

MichiganBob

Hi All,

I'm putting on some new tires and a good friend swears by a product called Ride-On. Is is one of those liquid balance solutions as well  as a tire sealant for a small nail hole. It's what Slime does. It says on the bottle that it is TPS safe. I'm wondering if anyone used or used it, your assessment, and/or your opinion about using this type of tire additive.

Many thanks,

MB

I've used it for years, in multiple bikes, albeit none that had TPS.  It works well enough to make up for my own bad inspection habits:  I did a tire change due to wear on my 1150RT, and noticed a screw protruding on the inside of the rear tire that I'd never noticed on the outside.  The tire never lost any air.  I don't recall that they claim any balance benefits for it, though, and I've always balanced my wheels/tires or had them balanced.

I've gotten a little better about inspecting my tires since then!

It's not a big deal with Ride-On, unlike with Slime.  IIRC, the stuff is water soluble, and some of it ends up bonded to the tire anyway, so there's not much to come out.  I didn't change my own tires all that often, but I never had any complaints about it from the local Cycle Gear when the mounted tires for me.