IGNORED

Shoei Neotec II visor shut at speed

Rougarou

So, the NeotecII has a similar issue to the Schuberth C3 whereas the visor likes to close at speed.  For the C3, I just stuck some CD/DVD foam in the hinge mechanism.  For the Shoei, I couldn't find an answer.  So after fiddling with the visor, watching the hinge work up and down, I ended up folding a three inch piece of shrink wrap in half and wedging it in.  Works perfectly.  I can now do 80-90 visor up,.......don't worry safety sam's, I have bifocal safety glasses on, so the eyeballs are protected.

image.thumb.png.49e032b2832888f1166a0c699326406d.png

• Thanks 1

I don't have an issue with my new Neotech ii. I guess it depends on were the helmet is in relation to the windshield. I'm 6' 2" & i like to have wind on my helmet & chest most of the time, unless it's raining 🌧🌨

I also usually ride with the shield closed or slight crack open (first notch) & sunshield down.

Well, I'ma not buy a new windshield just to allow my visor to remain open at speed. 

The Schuberth is known for slamming shut at 40ish+mph, I was unaware that the Shoei would do the same, although it doesn't slam like the Schuberth, but it does close.  I like my visor fully open at any speed I choose during clear riding., this little trick solves it.

Also, my previous Scorpion and Arai did not shut at any speed.

I've had the same issue on both the GS and GT.  Not as bad as a Schuberth but it will close on its own from time to time.  I've had at least 5 Shoei helmets and never had one that would close on its own.  My GT has a barn door size windscreen although I tend to have it in the low position.  Thanks for the fix, gonna give it a try.  

I have modified several helmets over the years. Some just wouldn't stay put like they should. Some didn't have a detent exactly where I wanted one. On many you can either increase the size of the detent, or add one to either the visor or mechanism. Dremel moto tool with carbide burr is tool of choice. I too ride with the visor at least partially open most of the time, and I too ride with safety glasses at all times.